8th IAWRT ASIAN WOMEN'S FILM FESTIVAL 2012, NEW DELHI

Delhi Film Archive [DFA]

Feb 23, 2012, 11:30:51 PM2/23/12
to delhifil...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

We invite you for the 8th IAWRT Asian Women's Film Festival to be held from 5-7 March 2012 in New Delhi. It is being organised by IAWRT - India, in association with the India International Centre, Sangat South Asia, Japan Foundation and Alliance Française.

This year we are delighted to show 46 films from 16 countries that celebrate a diversity of women filmmakers, covering the gamut from international favourites to artistic experiments and community videos—works that challenge us, inspire us and expand our vision. The programme includes three curated packages of films from Japan, Turkey and Hong Kong. We have 4 World, 5 International, 6 Asian, 13 South Asian and 7  Delhi Premieres. 24 filmmakers from 10 countries will be present to lead the discussions following the screening of their films. The films will be shown at the IIC Auditorium on 5, 6 and 7 March and at Alliance Française on 6 March.

Apart from the film screenings there will be

A seminar on Representing Children’s Worlds: Gender, Media and Society

on 5 March at IIC Conference Room II from 10am-5pm

A panel discussion on Does Nuclear Power have a Future?

on 6 March at Alliance Française at 5 pm

A photo exhibition on Women Changing India by Zubaan

from 5-7 March in the IIC foyer

The complete schedule is available at http://iawrtindia.blogspot.in/p/schedules.html

We look forward to having you with us.

Best Wishes