cycle

asht vinayak textiles

Nov 27, 2010, 6:42:48 AM11/27/10
to delhicycling
i want to buy a cycle and am considering firefox edge for about 17000
rupees.
request members to offer me valueable suggestions.

Marcus Santiago

Nov 29, 2010, 1:46:43 AM11/29/10
to asht vinayak textiles, delhicycling
http://www.bikeszone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3268

All you ever need to know about how to pick the right bike for you :D

For that price range there are a lot of good options, from Firefox as
well as Trek / Cannondale / Schwinn. But first that link will help you
pick the right one for you.

Cheers and hope to ride with you sometime,

Marcus :)

avtm...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2010, 1:48:55 AM11/29/10
to Marcus Santiago, delhicycling
Thanx marcus, i hav brought firefox edge, see u soon !

Sudip Bhattacharya

Nov 29, 2010, 1:40:34 AM11/29/10
to asht vinayak textiles, delhicycling
you can also consider Schwinn bikes around the same budget. they are available at Tracks and Trail, lajpat nagar

sudip bhattacharya (9810680705)

Hitanshu Gandhi

Nov 29, 2010, 6:32:04 AM11/29/10
to avtm...@gmail.com, Marcus Santiago, delhicycling
oh what a shame. Personally, Firefox shouldn't ever be bought for a 17k rupees budget.  esp when the schwinns - even the magnificent sporterra comp is available for lesser.

But anyways, congrats. Hope to see you on the roads soon :)

PS: Enough threads on bikeszone about firefox - seen way too many junta upgrade happily from 'fox to trek, cannondale etc and what have you!!

Munish Duvedi

Nov 29, 2010, 7:36:11 AM11/29/10
to Marcus Santiago, asht vinayak textiles, delhicycling
hey Asht ,
Good u are considering to buying a bike and developing ur interests in to sport of cycling .
If you are having a budget of around 17 k . do consider Trek 3700 for the approx 17.5 k .Its really worth .Firefox is the official dealer for these bikes in India .

And yeah there is lot of difference between Trek and firefox bikes.
Just a personal Suggestion not to go by the fancy features they offer :)
I knw first bike decision is bit confusing sometimes.

Please revert in case you have any further queries .
Cheers
DVD
--
br
DVD

Volunteer with AID... and "be the change" you want to see around
Visit us at aidgurgaon.org or call us at +91 9999 623 000

Deepali Varshney

Nov 29, 2010, 11:24:34 AM11/29/10
to delhicycling

My experience with Firefox has been TERRIBLE.

I bought a Firefox Tempest 3 months back. Their after purchase service is the worst I could have thought of.
First of all, they were out of mudguards the day I had bought the bicycle and I had ignored that fact as just a co-incidential possibility.
Saying that they'd be available by next week I had made my purchase and when called them up the next week before leaving the house they said that yes the mudguards are available now and you can drop in. I go all the way from South Delhi to Lajpat Nagar to find out that the mudguards are still not in stock.
And all of this was happening in the month of HEAVY monsoon rains. I use my bike to commute between college and home and I had to go through a lot of mud and rain water everyday thanks to the un-availability of the mud guards.
Also, just 3 months down the line, the gear system has been functioning terribly. I am riding on a particular gear and in a minute there comes a shift to the immediate gear and this keeps happening only for me to realize that am riding uphill on the 6th gear.
After all of this, the only good the Firefox has done to me is developing my thigh muscles thanks to the rides uphill at the 6th gear!

My advice - Firefox should be a BIG NO!

- Deepali Varshney
  New Delhi, India
www.deepalivarshney.com

Join me here: Orkut Facebook Flickr Blogger
Contact me: Google Talk/ icanthinkofabetterone Y! messenger/ hotterthancoldcoffeetheleast

cp Singh

Dec 1, 2010, 1:13:56 AM12/1/10
to delhicycling
Hi fellows,

I share your love of riding a bike. But it has been years since i did that. Last i rode a bike regularly was a hand-assembled ikea bike, which i ordered from a mail-in catalogue for 120 pounds, when i was working in UK, 4 years back. Back in Delhi, it has been my car or the cab. I miss the freedom of biking and am considering buying one.

Why i want to buy a bike:

1. Joy of riding
2. Exercising
3. Riding short distances - i stay a lajpat and go to play badminton at sirifort nearby - 4 km.
PS.>>I dont know what places you can cycle to comfortably besides your friends place because i havent scene biker friendly parkings at many places in Delhi. May be because i havent been a biker yet.
4. I dont plan to race - also, number of gears is greek to me
5. I want something easy on maintenance. I dont want to be spending a lot of time maintaining the bells and whistles.
6. I am really ok with a second hand bike incase someone is moving out of town and doesnt need it.
7. I dont want a really flashy bike, I want something stable, sleek and robust

I walked into a firefox showroom and told them my intial budget - 5k. The guy was polite but told me i wont get anything good in this budget.  I next walked into a shop called trail and txx, the guy's reaction was a mix of disgust and irony. As i stood next to him and he explained to another customer, "u dont want to buy anything for less than 12k, those are kids bikes, you will be an embarassment on the road". I took the cue and walked out, deciding that even if i spend 100k on a bike, it wont be from this smart-ass.

So guys, i am willing to spend 8 to 10k on a decent bike. You know my requirements, please suggest a good bike and a good place to buy from. I live in lajpat, bang opp the firefox shop!!

Regards,

Charan

Ravi Sagar

Dec 1, 2010, 12:39:02 PM12/1/10
to cp Singh, delhicycling
I have hero hawk nuage and I think it is one of the best cycle under 3k. It is not that fancy like firefox bikes but for 3000 this bike delivers best. The only thing that I miss is detachable wheels. It is difficult to carry this cycle unless you have carrier.

I think we should build a BIKE BUYING GUIDE page on DCC website :)