Fwd:Invitation : Building Livable Cities , Delhi , Oct 20th

DCC

Oct 13, 2010, 2:09:06 AM10/13/10
to delhicycling

Hello,

              We are thrilled to be inviting you to our  Building Livable Cities Delhi Symposium next week on October 19th  at

India International Centre between 1:00 pm- 4: 00 pm. The invitation and agenda is appended below. We invite you to register as an

Special Delegate under the below program.

“Urban Leaders & Opinion Formers Network: Participate in the Symposiums for free.”

Habitats Group , a Partner on the BLC Program has kindly offered  to fund the registration fee for Building Livable Cities to individuals who are shaping the future of India cities or are opinion formers who will go on to impact the next generation Urbanization in India.  You can RSVP  here http://bit.ly/ahHnQ0   if you can attend. We have already nominated you as a influencer of next generation Urbanization in India.  We do hope you can attend and add your valuable inputs. If you are unable to attend please nominate a Colleague(s). Please forward this to your network too.

Invitation: Building Livable  Cities 2010:  Delhi

Date: October 19th , 1:00p.m – 4:00 p.m

Venue: India International Centre Auditorium

Speakers Include:

Principles of Sutainble Transport :                                  Christopher Kost , Technical Director , ITDP

Green Built Environment :                                                 Kamal Meattle,CEO, Paharpur Business Centre

Policy Drivers for Eco Cities :                                            Karuna Gopal , President, Foundation for Futuristic Cities

Smart Tech for Sustainable Urbanism :                           Aditi Dass,  Deputy Director , The Climate Group India

Opportunities for Low Carbon Cities  in India        :       M. Ramachandran , Former Urban Development Secretary

Making of a New Eco City :                                                 Lavasa

Offline registration form  can accessed here http://bit.ly/8XMykn and you can register online here in this link http://bit.ly/cQgkaq

 Please ignore this email if you have already Registered! We look forward to meeting you!

About: Building Livable Cities is a multi city investigation to look at ideas to make Indian Cities Livable. As part of the initiative ;  symposiums will take place across 5 cities – Bangalore , Mumbai , Delhi , Chennai ,and  Ahmedabad between Oct 18-22.The outcome will be presented in a book. The “Urban Visioning “Program titled the Blueprint showcases the urban visions of a  number of leading Indian architects . The series will also be podcasted.

 The theme of Building Livable  cities 2010 is EcoCities - Driving India towards the age of sustainability which will explore strategies that can make Indian cities environmentally sustainable. Today, cities occupy about 2% of the world's surface area and have a disproportionately large impact on the earth’s ecology. According to the United Nations, cities are responsible for 75% of global energy consumption and 80% of greenhouse gas emissions Therefore, a large part of the solution towards solving the crisis of Climate Change lies in solving the crisis of Cities. This series of multi city forums is aimed at creating a blueprint of a sustainable future.

Learn More here:  www.theurbanvision.com/blc

Would you like to participate in Building Livable Cities in Mumbai , Delhi , Ahmedabad or Chennai ? Log on to www.theurbanvision.com/blc

Below 30? Participate in our Flagship Competition & Fellowship Program : Young Urban Leaders-
www.theurbanvision.com/yul - The winner has a chance to intern in Metro Govt office in Portland USA

 5 copy.jpg

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5519 (20101011) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5520 (20101011) __________

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5522 (20101011) __________

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 2740 (20071221) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 2740 (20071221) __________

- decompression could not complete (possible reasons: insufficient free memory or disk space, or a problem with temp folders)
image003.jpg - decompression could not complete (possible reasons: insufficient free memory or disk space, or a problem with temp folders)

http://www.eset.com

image003.jpg