Cycle availability confirmation for Ride on Sun 5th Feb

DCC

Feb 3, 2012, 11:54:55 AM2/3/12
to delhic...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

thanks for your encouraging respopnse for participation in sunday Bicycle Ride event on 5th Feb.

we are happy to confirm arrangement of bicycles during the ride at start venue for those who have sent their request till now.

Team DCC
9990-226644

INVITATION
‘Bicycle Ride’ in Delhi
08.30 AM, Sunday, February 05, 2012

Ambedkar Nagar T-point –Chirag Delhi–Moolchand–Ambedkar Ngr (11-kms)

Friends,

We are happy to inform you that Delhi Cycling Club (DCC) is organising its next Bicycle Ride in Delhi on Sunday, 5th February in association with Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP) and Delhi Integrated Mass Transit System (DIMTS).

The 11-km Bicycle Ride will start from Ambedkar NagarT-Point at 08.30 a.m. and pass through Pushpa Vihar, Chirag Delhi, Moolchand on the BRT corridor and culminate again at Ambedkar Nagar T-point at 10.00 a.m. A route map link has been attached for your convenience:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=116181156111933074554.0004775f5d84303c672c4&z=13.

We are extending a cordial invitation for you to participate in the ride along with your family and friends. We hope you will enjoy Sunday morning cycling and fun outdoor activity along with a larger group of people from different walks of life and professions, who are cycling enthusiasts and concerned about environment and health.

REGISTRATION

Registration is free and the event is open to all. You just need to send us your request for participation with following details: 1) name, 2) age, 3) phone no., and 4) profession, either through email or SMS on mobile number: 9990-22-66-44 before 3.00 PM, Saturday, 4th February.

EXTRA BICYCLES AVAILABILITY

We are arranging some extra cycles at venue which should be available free of cost and on first come first basis to participants who don’t own a bicycle presently or if they find it very difficult to bring them to the venue. You are also requested to let us know in advance about your bicycle requirement for the ride to avoid any inconvenience.

ASSEMBLY TIME & VENUE

You are requested to assemble by 08.15 AM at the parking lot on Ambedkar Nagar T-point. Those participants, who would be cycling in real traffic for the first time or after a long gap, are requested to arrive at the venue 30-minutes before the start so that they could be given some useful cycling and road safety tips by our volunteers before the ride.

R.S.V.P.

Rajendra Verma

Team DCC

Delhi Cycling Club

11/1, Jangpura Road

New Delhi-110014

NOTE:

·         Please note that this is not a race or a competition.  All participants will be cycling at a moderate speed on the dedicated bicycle lanes or curb side along the route.

·         Participants will be responsible for and need to follow all the traffic rules, road etiquette and safety precautions.