The Birds of a Terrace - # 27.13-15 - Coppersmith Barbet (Megalaima haemecaphala)- 2024-032-034

Anand Arya

May 5, 2024, 2:11:33 AMMay 5
GREEN BEAUTIES OF SECTOR 15A - PART III A
COPPERSMITH BARBET

If you recall from the Last post about 4 Weeks Back:

++++++++
It was a Day of Green Beauties of the Sector.  Most prominent
this morning was Coppersmith Barbet that have a Nest on the
Semal Tree across the Street and are constantly feeding.

These Barbet had a fight on their hands as they nest was
raided by a Pair of Parakeets, then Green Pigeons and then
a Rufous Tree-pies.

What a fight and THEY WON.  They had Won earlier too when
either they ‘beaked a Hole’ or the Hole was left as the Trees
were pruned.  Then too they shooed away the B-H Barbets and
Parakeets and Green Pigeons.

Hopefully the Chick(s) come out and I get to see them.
++++++++++

Been watching the Parents carrying ;feed’ to the Nest and then
waiting for the Chicks to appear.

On 3rd Morning as I went out and looked up after hearing the
Call, Lo and behold there was a Young being watched over by
a Proud Parent.

Was there for some time to give me opportunity to set up the
800 mm Cannon for a Close up.

Good Views.

Enjoy

Anand Arya
353, Sector 15A
NOIDA 201301
INDIA
"This is a copyrighted image. Not to be used for any purpose without prior permission."
Canon 7D M2 + 100-400mm
Canon 1D M4 + 800mm
Panasonic HC-WXF991

Barbet,-Coppersmith-(A+J)---Home---2024-05-03-(_J8A8081).jpg

Barbet,-Coppersmith-(J)---Home---2024-05-03-(_J8A8045).jpg

Barbet,-Coppersmith-(Juvenile)---Home---2024-05-03-(_E2G8059).jpg