Probably First Breeding evidence/record of Brahminy Kite from Haryana

Suresh C. Sharma

Jun 21, 2022, 8:56:20 AM6/21/22
to Delhi Bird
Have been seeing Brahminy Kite pair carrying nesting material to their half built nest, flying in circles around the trees, but never seen any evidence of their successful breeding in Haryana during nearly  five decades of my birdwatching.

This morning while returning from Kalesar/Hathni Kund with my son Gaggu, we observed an adult Brahminy Kite feeding two juvenile birds which were demanding food making shrill cries near Indri (Karnal). Video link is being shared.

Suresh C Sharma
Sonipat