LF bird guide / area info for Mcleod Ganj / Dharamshala

79 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Sandeep Dhar

não lida,
30 de jul. de 2022, 13:40:5330/07/2022
para delhibirdpix
Hello Delhibirders - I will be in Mcleod Ganj from Sep 6-9 and would like to spend some time birding. This is my first time visiting the area and am I not familiar with the local species or what to expect at this time of the year.
If you know of a bird guide that you can recommend, or some trails that I can explore by myself, I would highly appreciate it.
I don't have any target species in mind - but would like to see the pheasants (H Monal, Koklass, Khaleej).

Best,
Sandeep Dhar
San Diego, CA

Sarita Vij

não lida,
1 de ago. de 2022, 04:01:2701/08/2022
para sandee...@gmail.com, delhibirdpix
Hi Sandeep.

I was in this area in June. Ideally do not stay in McLeodgunj. Visit Naddi early morning.. its 1 km from maclodgunj. You should at stay in Dharamkot - 2 kms ahead of Mcleotgunj. There are various trails that u can explore. If u are up to doing a bit of trekking, then u could do the Gallu temple trek. Triune trek is difficult and one needs to spend a night there. A lot of trekking companies there organise this trip. U are likely to see the birds of your wishlist there.

I saw the following species in Dharamkot:

Spot winged tit
Russet sparrow
Himalayan bulbul
Yellow billed blue magpie
House sparrow
Verditer flycatcher
Blue whistling thrush
Green backed tit
Streaked laughing thrush
Common rose finch
Large billed crow
Black headed jay
Great barbet
Black throated tit
Black bulbul
Eurasian tree sparrow
Plum headed parakeet
Great tit
Common hoopoe

Hope this helps. Happy birding.

Sarita Vij

Sent from my iPhone

On 30-Jul-2022, at 11:10 PM, Sandeep Dhar <sandee...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Delhibirders - I will be in Mcleod Ganj from Sep 6-9 and would like to spend some time birding. This is my first time visiting the area and am I not familiar with the local species or what to expect at this time of the year.

Abhinav Chaudhary

não lida,
2 de ago. de 2022, 07:22:3702/08/2022
para sandee...@gmail.com, delhibirdpix
Hi, I live near Dharamsala.
You may call me (9736471707) for details.

Regards

--
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor