Sambhar 2

Pradeep Sangwan

Jan 10, 2023, 2:20:49 AM1/10/23
to delhi bird, Taksh Sangwan
Sambhar 2 :
......... After having satiated my stomach moved onwards to the waterbody near the resorts. As usual was rewarded with a lot of water fowls; the Common Pochards were in plenty as were the Shovellers and the Pintails. A few Gadwalls were also swimming around with a few Green winged Teals, Coots and Waterhens. The Sandpipers too along with the Stints and Stilts moved in the shallows. A Bluethroat tried to confront the Little ringed Plover. The Yellow Wagtails were bright in the warm sun. Best of all were the Black headed Gulls preening themselves on the small island in the far corner. Did not see any Crested Pochards that were there last month.
Instead of heading towards Shakambara Devi Mandir as usual decided to skip that area and headed towards Rattan Talav where the forest department is running a rescue center. The place gives a vibe of serenity and peace whenever I visit and this time it was no different. The birds and animals at the location seem to be at peace with themselves and with their surroundings. With no one around to disturb them they are totally relaxed and I had to take extra precaution to make sure as to not disturb their peaceful adobe. The Bar headed Geese were at their playful best as were the Northern Pintails and the Teals. The pair of beautifully resplendent Ruddy Shelducks were warming in the golden glow. What a meditative sight it was. Missed the usual sighting of the Eurasian Curlew but the Large Grey Babblers and the Baybacked Shrikes were as active as always. The herd of Blue Bulls lounged around the periphery. After taking in the beauty and a few discrete photos from behind the perimetre, moved away from their undisturbed heaven. Just love the place and pray it always remains so.
Drove at a leisurely pace enjoying the Grey Francolins, Coucals and Teals that I saw on the way.
The craving for a cup of tea took me to the Tea stall at Ringi village. Again a nice location to enjoy your Cuppa while watching the birds in the local pond (Jhood) next to it. The usual Little Grebes and the Spot billed ducks were present. A pair of Ruddy Shelducks made the view more enticing. And Lo-and-Behold a pair of Indian Thichknee walks towards the edge of the water on the other end. It was a good feeling to be able to show the different birds and a bit about them to the kids who had come with their family to visit the area. After getting to see the beauties through the binoculars and seeing the images on the camera they stopped throwing stones into the lake ( fun game for all kids). Bless them. The Banyan as usual hosted the Parakeets, Green Pigeons and the House Crows. The Common Chiffchaff was also quite active in the branches. After talking to the kids and telling them the location where they would be able to see the Flamingos started moving back again at a leisurely pace.
Reached the Heritage Resort area and after enjoying the sight of the lone Flamingo, Pochards and waders decided to check out the Flats area for larks. The Crested Lark , Paddyfield Pipit and the Gray throated Martins obliged without much odo. But the others made me give a chase all over the flats. Ultimately got the Greater short toed and another which looks like the Oriental Skylark . A few other very pale larks are still alluding identification. (Will keep trying). As the sun was going down, decided to call it a day and started back towards the CIVILISED world. A good day overall. Thanks for going through my ramblings. Happy Birding until next time.
DSC_0595.jpg
DSC_0624.jpg
DSC_0282.jpg
DSC_0280.jpg