10th Anniversary of Dhanauri Wetlands

Anand Arya

May 31, 2024, 9:49:06 PMMay 31
10TH ANNIVERSARY OF DHANAURI WETLANDS
- HOPE I AM ABLE TO SAVE IT

June 1, 2014 when we left in search of ’Sarus” after some on line
search of Wetlands little did we know that we would find a IBA and
‘christen” it Dhanauri Wetlands though there was some discussion
that it be called ‘Arya’s Wetland” (but I am too modest !!).

When told that we were looking for ’Sarus Cranes’ someone from
the Crowd called ‘Pagle Hain”.  Perhaps the guy was correct.

After all kinds of experiences of kaccha road, argument with a
Ghoonghat Clad women driving a Bullock-Cart, separating from
the Group etc etc, we found a guy called ’Taukir’ who gave directions
to Dr. Gupta (who  was smart enough to get his Cell Number). We failed
to follow his directions and then decided we will call him and lead us
to Dhanauri.

While Dr. Gupta was waiting for him, we found an excellent
Samosa and Jalebi Wala.

Soon Taukir arrived and after a lot of twisting, turning, broken
roads etc we did reach Dhanauri and what a sight.

26 Sarus Cranes in one frame. A Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv1lKuOKcfg ),
though not very nice.

Rest is History:

Watch the Documentary that depict its full glory - have won 5 Awards -

And a Charming Photo of Sarus attached.

Anand Arya
353, Sector 15A
NOIDA 201301
INDIA
"This is a copyrighted image. Not to be used for any purpose without prior permission."
Canon 7D M2 + 100-400mm
Panasonic HC-WXF991

Crane,-Sarus-(Chick-in-Wings)---Alipura---2014-09-23-(_28I1286).jpg

Anand Arya

Jun 1, 2024, 9:39:13 PMJun 1
10TH ANNIVERSARY OF DHANAURI WETLANDS
- HOPE I AM ABLE TO SAVE IT

June 1, 2014 when we left in search of ’Sarus” after some on line
search of Wetlands little did we know that we would find a IBA and
‘christen” it Dhanauri Wetlands though there was some discussion
that it be called ‘Arya’s Wetland” (but I am too modest !!).

When told that =============

While perusing through the photographs of the day, I saw one
photograph of a Juvenile Black-necked Stork.

Perhaps, it is the same family that has bred again this year.
We have 4 Juveniles enjoying Dhanauri Wetlands these days.

Here are photos of the Pair and a Juvenile.

Enjoy.

Anand Arya
353, Sector 15A
NOIDA 201301
INDIA
"This is a copyrighted image. Not to be used for any purpose without prior permission."
Canon 7D M2 + 100-400mm
Panasonic HC-WXF991

Stork,-Black-Necked-(Pair)---Dhanauri-Wetlands---2024-05-06-(_E2G8183).jpgStork,-Black-Necked---Dhanauri-Wetlands---2024-05-06-(_E2G8164).jpg