(delhibirdpix) Aberrant bush warbler ??

amit thakurta

May 11, 2010, 1:40:38 PM5/11/10
to birdpho...@googlegroups.com, Delhib...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks, this bush warbler[possibly Cettia] was shot at
Chowddaferi,inside Neora valley NP,WB during my recent trip. I think it
is an Aberrant bush warbler [Cettia flavolivacea],but,not sure.would like
to see expert's comments on it.

best regards
-A-

28.jpg

Saurabh Sawant

May 11, 2010, 2:28:26 PM5/11/10
to amit_...@rediffmail.com, birdpho...@googlegroups.com, Delhib...@googlegroups.com
Why not Phylloscopus? Consider Tickell's..?

Regards,
Saurabh
--
Regards,
Saurabh Sawant

http://www.facebook.com/saurabh.sawant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saurabhsawant1/

Abhijit Menon-Sen

May 11, 2010, 3:54:55 PM5/11/10
to amit thakurta, delhib...@googlegroups.com
At 2010-05-11 17:40:38 -0000, amit_...@rediffmail.com wrote:

> Hi folks, this bush warbler[possibly Cettia] was shot at
> Chowddaferi,inside Neora valley NP,WB during my recent trip.

The structure (especially the beak) looks more Phylloscopus, and the
yellow is very bright. I think it's probably a Tickell's Leaf Warbler.

-- ams