Champagne Charlie????????

Irish_Val

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00

HOW I FEEL FOR HRH..

YOU can steal the Prince of Wales's cufflinks and other trinkets and he
won't like it - just behave grumpily.

His mother can treat his mistress as a non-person and he'll do little
about the slight, as he has consistently and wimpishly shown.

Criticise the way he leads his life and he will shrug his shoulders and
be adamant he is right.

But make off with his champagne and the poo was always likely to hit
the proverbial, big time. Which is where we are at right now.

Nicking one's bubbly, even if it is non vintage, is like stealing one's
soul. That is why the full force of the law has been called in.

How Charles must wish - when the villain is caught - he could say: "Off
with his head." Theft of fizz is somehow particularly personal and
offensive.

I always keep half a dozen or more cases in my cellar and would be
appalled if some light-fingered Johnnie decided to help himself.

So I feel for Prince Charles over this matter.

But at least Lanson, good as it is, is easily replaceable.

How much worse - and more expensive - it would have been if HRH had
ordered really decent fizz for his guests. Roederer Cristal, for
example, or even Krug.

You know, the Grands Marques that NEVER make you sick.

--
LOL & Godspeed,
Val

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/