William Said To Be Close To Camilla "The Times" June 6, 2000

1 view

topa...@my-deja.com

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00

June 6 2000 BRITAIN

Prince William 'now close to Mrs Parker Bowles'

BY ANDREW PIERCE

A TELEVISION documentary to mark the 18th birthday of Prince William
will show that he has forged a strong and close relationship with
Camilla Parker Bowles since the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.
The 30-minute programme next Tuesday will argue that Prince William's
relationship with his father, which was always good, has become much
more relaxed and informal as he has matured.

For the first time it will be claimed that it was Prince William who
pressed his father to arrange the 1998 meeting at St James's Palace
between Mrs Parker Bowles, himself and his younger brother Harry. They
have since met regularly at Highgrove for breakfast.

Prince William at 18, which will be broadcast on ITV on June 14, one
week before he comes of age, will project the image of a shy but single-
minded teenager who is more at ease with his father's heritage than
the Spencer one, enjoys country pursuits such as hunting, and is
happily reconciled to one day rule as King. St James's and Buckingham
palaces refused to give any co-operation to Blakeway Productions, which
made the programme. The company spoke to known allies of the heir to
the throne such as Penny Junor, the royal biographer.

ITV, which is screening the programme, is so sensitive that it asked
Blakeway to edit out a suggestion that Prince William was uneasy about
public exposure of his mother's relationship with Dodi Fayed. The
edited sequence revolved around film in the summer of 1997 of the young
princes with the Princess of Wales and Mr Fayed on the upper deck of
the Al Fayed family's luxury yacht.

Advisers to the Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles are divided as to
whether she should accept an invitation for the 100th birthday party of
the Queen Mother even if one is proffered. Mrs Parker Bowles is
determined not to run even the slightest risk that her presence at such
a large gathering of the Windsors would distract attention from the
Queen Mother.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Irish_Val

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Interesting article and I'm sure it will be an interesting bio....

I'll wager that there will be more time in that 30 minutes talking of
how William likes Camilla and how he wants to be King than about his
own mother!!!!

I find it disgusting and to be honest...... I wouldn't mind seeing the
monarchy end....

They are a bunch of spoiled pitiful people who don't care about human
beings.... even there own flesh and blood.....

I have this horrible feeling that William and Harry may never stand up
for there mother..... because of pressure....

I think they've made the boys feel ashamed of being her children......

There is nothing on this earth that we can do or anyone can do to save
the reputation of Diana's.

In about 20 years though....... look out..... she will return as an
icon..... and it'll be cool to speak about her again..... the fossils
of the current monarchy will be gone.... and maybe ...... just maybe

the boys voices will be able to "sing openly" as Diana wished. God
bless Diana..... and may she be resting in God's loving home.

Godspeed and LOL
Val

topa...@my-deja.com

Jun 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/11/00
I could not agree with you more Val, but I think it is also quite
likely that this obvious disinformation about him liking Camilla and
being close to her is being published because William is turning out to
be a handful, and the public does not want Camilla being forced upon
them. Has anyone seen the cartoon in "The Express" , a British
tabloid, showing the Queen standing in a doorway? Charles and Camilla
are standing behind her smiling broadly, and the Queen is saying, " I
now declare this bathroom officially open." The royal family in many
ways reminds me of a sewer. I think both William and Harry will be
fortunate indeed if they get out of it alive and manage to live private
lives. Miracles do happen. We can always pray, and keep praying. I
have seen it work in the darkest hours, and I cannot help but think
those boys are in one now.