Heads up: a few janitorial changes

Mark Munz

Dec 19, 2008, 11:13:48 AM12/19/08
to dej...@googlegroups.com
A couple janitorial changes: The hosting server that the appcast (the
info used to update D2) sits on will be going away soon and I will be
folding the Deja IIx info under one of my more permanent servers.
Likewise, the blog will be moving too. However, http://www.dejaiix.com
will continue to take you to the most current landing place.

I'll be posting a new version of the app in a couple days that should
point to the new locations. Not a lot of "other" changes have occurred
beyond that. It'll be about a one or two week window (depending on how
the hosting company reacts) where the old appcast will continue to
work.

What does that mean for you? After things have moved, you may have
errors and won't automatically be notified about new versions and
version checking inside the app will fail if it is pointing to the old
location.

I'll post another message when I've actually got the update out.

--
Mark Munz
unmarked software

Howard Katz

Dec 19, 2008, 11:17:05 AM12/19/08
to dej...@googlegroups.com

On 12/19/08, Mark Munz <unma...@gmail.com> wrote:

What does that mean for you? After things have moved, you may have
errors and won't automatically be notified about new versions and
version checking inside the app will fail if it is pointing to the old
location.

All we'll have to do is download the new version after you tell us everything's moved, and just use that, right?  No biggie. :)

Happy Winter Solstice to everyone, BTW!  (about as non-anything a greeting as I can come up with--astonomy everyone can agree with.  :) )

Howard

Mark Munz

Dec 19, 2008, 12:31:22 PM12/19/08
to dej...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to make sure this was documented, so that a google
search might help point the way forward if anyone gets stuck after the
change happens. :)