Download UPDATED Microsoft Office Cnet

Fajar Roux

Jan 25, 2024, 5:36:52 AMJan 25
to dehosreba

Perhaps because it's a poorly worded headline or maybe in this age of subscription-based software, tech journalists working for mediocre websites like cnet think it necessary to call out that the license doesn't expire, unlike that licence for JetBrains products I fork out for year after year (though to be fair that does come with a perpetual fallback license).

download microsoft office cnet

The benefit of the MS Office software is the ability to handle their wacky file formats correctly, more of the time than other software. You are best served by using the same office version, but barring that your second best bet is to use a later one. Using LO to read those files is a distant third. It's all well and good when they are simple, but in many other cases they will be incorrectly presented.

I got MS-Office for $10 some years ago, one of these special deals.
It was okay until I had to rebuild my computer. That was a nightmare. I was on the phone all day to MS support, getting transferred around, having to give them my serial number, over, and over, and over. I finally had to give them complete control of my system, and it took them several hours to get office re-installed.
I will stick with LibreOffice. I can just download and install all I want, for whatever reason, with no hassles.

The Microsoft Store is a digital platform where you can download apps, games, and digital content for Windows devices. Search for Microsoft 2022 in the Microsoft Store, it will pop up various office softwares for you to download.

It seems microsoft is no longer hosting the download link to the office 2007 admin templates. I've searched through pages and pages of their downloads website, forums, google links, etc. They all route back to a now dead 404 error page on microsoft for downloading the templates.

As for why continue, no technical requirements just normal not wanting to replace what they barely use as is, cost, blah blah blah. Not looking to be converted into replacing it, just looking for help tracking down the ADMX files so I can manage it a little easier. Can't believe I don't have 1 DC with these files after all these years, we didn't start using the ADMX files for office until 2013.

7c6cff6d22