Sencha 2 Routing with Deft JS

rakesh goyal

Feb 20, 2015, 8:00:37 AM2/20/15
to def...@googlegroups.com
Does sencha touch 2 routing works with Deft JS ? I am extending my controllers with Deft.mvc.ViewController instead of Ext.app.Controller and looks like routing is not working.

Brian Kotek

Feb 20, 2015, 10:21:21 AM2/20/15
to deftjs
As far as I know, no, it doesn't. A ViewController is totally different from Ext.app.Controller (which is an "application-level" controller). Since the Deft ViewCotnroller doesn't (and can't) extend the Ext.app.Controller, none of the machinery to handle routing is available to a ViewController. You'd want to use Ext.app.Controllers at a high-level, to handle the routing to different parts of the app, and then use ViewControllers in the usual way (for managing the individual views).

--
Deft JS home page: http://deftjs.org/
Wiki: https://github.com/deftjs/DeftJS/wiki

rakesh goyal

Feb 20, 2015, 10:54:55 AM2/20/15
to def...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brian. Will create a separate controller to handle routing. Can't imagine coding without Deft JS. Had great experience with Ext JS 4.