controllerConfig changed in ExtJS 5?

Mihai Stanciu

Oct 30, 2014, 12:46:48 PM10/30/14
to def...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we were using the controllerConfig property to dynamically create controllers (derived from 'Deft.mvc.ViewController') for some of our views. Now we've upgraded to ExtJS 5 and this does not seem to work anymore - the "config" received on the controller constructor only has a "type" property, with a value of the controller's class name.
Can you please let me know what changes we need to make in order to preserve the previous behavior?

Regards,
Mihai

Brian Kotek

Oct 30, 2014, 1:46:43 PM10/30/14
to deftjs
I don't believe the way this used to work is possible. The Deft 5 ViewController now extends the Sencha ViewController class. Their ViewController works completely differently than the old Deft ViewController as far as creation, timing, event handling, etc. So we don't have any control over this any longer.

I'm not using Ext JS 5 yet (the projects I work on won't be upgrading for a while), but you might try looking at using a ViewModel to act as a relay. I believe you can specify ViewModel data when you're creating a view, and I believe that the ViewController has access to the ViewModel's data, so that might be an option.

--
Deft JS home page: http://deftjs.org/
Wiki: https://github.com/deftjs/DeftJS/wiki