Re: FW: Pastors Removed by the FCC A MUST READ!

Robert Roman

May 7, 2009, 1:29:58 PM5/7/09
to Karin Melendez, defenders-exec...@googlegroups.com

This is false...

Filed In:

  1. Urban Legends

Petition Number 2493 - Pastor Removal from Television

Netlore Archive: New email variants of decades-old petition expressing outrage over alleged attempt by atheists to force a government ban on religious broadcasting in the United States

Circulating since: March 2003 (Dobson version)

Variant #1:
Email example contributed by Ruthy, 9 Oct. 2007:

SUBJECT: No more Joel Osteen, TD Jakes, Eddie Long, Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar, or Charles Stanley ???

Please, if you don't wish to participate, return this email to whoever sent it to you so they can at least keep this email going, or forward it to some one you know who will wish to participate.

Dr. Dobson is going on CNBC to urge every Christian to get involved. I hope you will sign and forward to all your family and friends.

An organization has been granted a Federal Hearing on the same subject by the Federal Communications Commission ( FCC) in Washington , D.C.

Their petition, Number 2493, would ultimately pave the way to stop the reading of the gospel of our Lord and Savior on the airwaves of America . They have 287,000 signatures to back their stand! If this attempt is successful, all Sunday worship services being broadcast on the radio or by television will be stopped. This group is also campa igning to remove all Christmas programs and Christmas carols from public schools!

You as a Christian can help! We are praying for at least 1 million signatures. This would defeat their effort and show that there are many Christians alive, well and concerned about our country. As Ch ristians, we must unite on this. Please don't take this lightly. We ignored one lady once and lost prayer in our schools and in offices across the nation. Please stand up for your religious freedom and let your voice be heard.

Together we can make a difference in our country while creating an opportunity for the lost to know the Lord.

CLEAN UP THE MESSAGE, and forward this to everyone you think should read this.

Now, please sign your name at the bottom (you can only add your name after you have pressed 'Forward'). If hitting the Forward button does not work for you, then cut and paste this message into a new email letter.

Don't delete any other names, just go to the next number and type your name. Please do not sign jointly, such as Mr. & Mrs., each person should sign his/her own name.

Please defeat this organization and keep the right of our freedom of religion. When you get to 1000 please e-mail back to:

Lisa Norman

May 7, 2009, 4:53:09 PM5/7/09
to defenders-exec...@googlegroups.com, cuti...@yahoo.com
Brunilda Sanchez