Attract more windows converts

Steven Henthorn

Jan 14, 2020, 9:13:26 PM1/14/20
to deepin users
I first want to say, I love Deepin, I have been a Linux Mint user for a few years. I now wanted a rolling DIstro, not based on Ubuntu.

I tried Deepin it is polished and easy to use.

I always tried the Theme of WindowsXP, but the theme does not work well, which is quite the shock from the Mint development team, it is still to this day broken.

I believe Deepin with a windows feel, (icons , window frames and menus), would attract many old windows users to Linux using a polished Deepin interface, with 2 new themes built in, XP and Win7. I know that if you attempt to add these themes to your themes list, you will do the job right and make the interface look awesome.

Thanks.

wxc

Jan 14, 2020, 9:39:48 PM1/14/20
to deepi...@googlegroups.com

亲爱的S.H.

很高兴作为一个用户能够跟其他使用deepin的用户进行探讨,但是我觉得您可能对于deepin的界面规划有一些误解。deepin确实欢迎并希望吸引很多windows的用户前来使用,尤其是在windows XP结束支持已久和windows 7刚刚结束支持的时候,在这样一个时间节点上做出对window老用户有吸引力的改变确实貌似可以增加deepin的用户量。

但是,很明显,deepin是一个独立的Linux发行版,而这个发行版的目的是为了创造一个更加让普通用户使用的操作系统,而不是模仿WindowsWindows的用户份额的确最高,普及度也很高,但是让用户易于使用不代表我们需要模仿windows的界面,甚至推出一个XP theme,因为没有办法证明windows的界面就是最易用的,您可能只是个人的习惯而已。我们希望deepin给人带来的是耳目一新、令人愉悦的干化,变成windows那样并不符合我们的初衷,甚至有人对此持厌恶态度。

您可以在其他地方找到这样的主题是因为有人喜爱它们,所以做出了这种主题,但并不意味着deepin必须支持,更加不会变成变成windows feelLinux的世界本来就是开放的,如果您因为界面的问题提出这样的问题那么大可以另外选择更加像windows的发行版,或者直接想办法让主题支持deepin。我们有着自己的想法,我们不会做windows的附庸,我们不是它的模仿者,我们走的是自己的道路,也欢迎您在此之上开辟支路。

请注意:本回复仅为一位普通用户感受,非官方意见!

The following is a machine translation. In case of any ambiguity, please refer to the Chinese version.

Dear S.H.:

I'm glad to be able to discuss with other users of deep in as a user, but I think you may have some misunderstandings about the interface planning of deep in. Deep in really welcomes and hopes to attract many users of windows to use it, especially when Windows XP has been supported for a long time and windows 7 has just been supported, it seems that making changes attractive to old users of windows on such a time node can increase the number of users of deep in.

However, it is clear that deep in is a stand-alone Linux distribution, and the purpose of this distribution is to create an operating system for ordinary users, rather than imitating windows. Windows has the highest user share and high popularity, but making users easy to use doesn't mean that we need to imitate the interface of windows, or even launch an xp theme, because there is no way to prove that the interface of windows is the easiest to use, you may just be a personal habit. We hope that deep in will bring fresh and pleasant drying to people. It's not in line with our original intention to become windows, and even some people are disgusted with it.

You can find such themes in other places because some people like them, so they make this theme, but it doesn't mean that deep in must be supported, not to mention become a Windows feel. The world of Linux is always open. If you raise such a problem because of the interface problem, you can choose a distribution more like windows, or directly find a way to make the theme support deep in. We have our own ideas. We won't be the vassal of windows. We are not the imitator of windows. We are on our own way. We also welcome you to open up a branch road on this.