mac sign in problems with Deep Dive solved

tmcgu...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2017, 4:11:52 AM11/15/17
to deepdive-users
When trying to install Deep Dive under Docker on my mac book pro using:

bash <(curl -fsSL git.io/getdeepdive)

I had the following error after selecting :

Pulling database (hazyresearch/postgres:latest)...

ERROR: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/hazyresearch/postgres/manifests/latest: unauthorized: incorrect username or password

## Failed installation for deepdive_docker_sandbox

It turns out that the docker GUI allows you to sign in to docker using an email address. However, Deep Dive is using the CLI for login. The CLI requires that you be logged in as your Docker user-id. By going to my Docker symbol and changing the sign-in to my user-id and then opening a new shell window the problem was solved and a Docker Deep Dive Sandbox was started as expected.

If you search on: mac docker incorrect username or password

You can find more information if you need it.