Handling of Labels

Malte Reißig

Nov 24, 2010, 7:25:26 PM11/24/10
to deepamehta3
Thanks for the input and sorry for the delay. Here is a thought of mine on the following topic briefly mentioned here before by x28:

- The ability of quickly rename topics titles

I would prefer some kind of "inline-editing" labels of topics and i would find it handy if this could perform like in many common UIs: double clicking on the label turns the label into an input field where the content is completely selected and pressing ENTER after editing saves the new content to the label/title of the item.

Background: I used out the dm3-0.4.2. Snapshot already publicly as the presentation tool. In that demo i just panned around and selected some of my notes on "dm3 and topic maps" and from my experiences during the preparations and the final demo with a map full of topics and long labels, there might be not much pixel area left on a small screen on which one can click to move the map or one single topic and therefore i would find it handy if the text-layer of the canvas (topic-labels) is not selectable itself at first, but the whole chunk of information (icon/label) is selected through clicking on one of the items.

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 04:19 -0700, x28 wrote:
This is a pity because it could be a great feature as soon it would
catch up with the usability that was already available in DeepaMehta
2:

- The ability to quickly rename topics titles,
- differently colored topic icons (included out of the box, or the
ability to create them -- at least one highlighted one, like a read
one as towns on a geographic map, is urgently needed again). And the
screaming yellow of the default topic must be overcome.