Thanks and Observations

Torsten Ziegler

Dec 9, 2010, 7:11:51 AM12/9/10
to deepa...@googlegroups.com
Hi

first I want to say thanks to Jï¿œrg for the improvements in 0.4.3
- the topic creation on the canvas is so much faster than using the menu
- selecting topics that are overlayed by another topics' label is no
problem any more
- editing in full width is so much more easy

then I have one observation:
I realize that I have two kinds of topics on my maps,
- one is part of the knowledge and is useful to be revealed on other
topic maps as well
- another one seems to be relevant only to the actual topic map I am
creating it on
have you similar observations ?

I will be offline the next weeks,
so its time to send my best christmas greetings to all of you.

Torsten

--
Torsten Ziegler
tor...@ziegi.de

Torsten Ziegler

Dec 9, 2010, 7:19:40 AM12/9/10
to deepa...@googlegroups.com
I have one Feature request:

Relations have a quite big area on the canvas
where they get selected by right clicking with the mouse.
This prevents the creation of new topics
using the mouse in their vicinity.

At least on ubuntu maverick using firefox 3.6.14pre (namaroka)
this is problematic, so could you please decrease the active
area of the relations in the next release?

Thanks,

Alex Rollin

Dec 9, 2010, 8:09:06 AM12/9/10
to deepa...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Torsten Ziegler <tor...@ziegi.de> wrote:
then I have one observation:
I realize that I have two kinds of topics on my maps,
- one is part of the knowledge and is useful to be revealed on other topic maps as well
- another one seems to be relevant only to the actual topic map I am creating it on
have you similar observations ?

Different programs handle this in different ways.

I, personally, prefer a modular approach that allows for re-use or "transclusion" of the original without alteration.

I have been studying http://debategraph.org as they are working on how mapping can be used with dialogue.  Their build has issues with re-use of things like categories.  They have the "type" but don't allow the use of it in an effort to centralize things.  This shows "yet another" approach.

Alex