deepaMehta3-client 0.4.x basically runs in mobile web browsers

Malte Reißig

Jan 12, 2011, 9:29:37 AM1/12/11
to deepamehta3
Dear Jri and DeepaMehta Friends!

j Just wanted to let you know this cause i think it shows just us once again what tight work jri does!!

The facts: By now it is possible to run the deepamehta3-client on the following Mobile Web Browsers, Androids WebKit and Feenec (Mobile Firefox)!!

Basically i am able to "Create" and "Search" as well as to use the "Topicmap Selector" and everything works as expected (e.g. Edit/Delete Content) and i think now that' is really awesome!! The only restriction is by now, one cannot drag any ui-element (e.g. use the sidebar control or pan the map/canvas) and i'll try to investigate a bit deeper what would help there. My first research showed up that we need to handle specific ontouch-events supported by the browsers mentioned above plus we should make use of one meta-tag named "viewport" which let us instruct the browser that the user is not able to make use of the default touch gestures scroll and zoom to modifiy the visible viewport of the dm3c-ui. I found that http://www.quirksmode.org/m/ has a lot of good test-pages on some of the topics mentioned here and that there are some very clear articles to find there, too.

If one is interested to bundle deepamehta3 as an app which runs locally on your device, i found the following page which looks like the right entry point, it's about getting apache felix and all bundles running on android http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-and-google-android.html

Thank you, jri and keep up the good work! I am in the hope to find better ways to support you in what you're doing very very soon!

Best!!
Malte