[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.

Rolf Bartels

Oct 23, 2016, 2:25:54 AM10/23/16
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
I am running the latest virtual applicance and have updated sdfs to teh latest, when I run the below command I get an error

 sdfscli --cluster-dse-info
[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.
java.io.IOException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.mgmt.cli.MgmtServerConnection.getResponse(MgmtServerConnection.java:77)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.mgmt.cli.ProcessClusterDSEInfo.runCmd(ProcessClusterDSEInfo.java:23)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.mgmt.cli.SDFSCmdline.parseCmdLine(SDFSCmdline.java:69)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.mgmt.cli.SDFSCmdline.main(SDFSCmdline.java:578)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:339)
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:121)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.mgmt.cli.MgmtServerConnection.getResponse(MgmtServerConnection.java:72)
        ... 3 more

Message has been deleted

Rolf Bartels

Oct 31, 2016, 9:26:57 AM10/31/16
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
So I have tried SDFS with the Virtual Appliance, UBUNTU 14.04, UBUNTU 16.04, RHEL 7. and all 3 of these are given me the same error, for any command I run with sdfscli.

Either I am doing something wrong or there is a bug in the code.

Right now for me this system is actually not usable.

Please can someone enlighten me

Thanks.

Sam Silverberg

Oct 31, 2016, 12:27:04 PM10/31/16
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Rolf - You need to add --password=<volume-password> to the end of the command to get the output.

To get the password in for the volume go to the Web ui and see the attached screenshot

2016_10_31_09_24_55_Datish_Cloud_Storage_Gateway_3.0.3.png