OpenDeDup Web GUI on Linux or Win install

Wasim Ahmed

Mar 31, 2013, 6:39:00 AM3/31/13
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
My apologie if the question already been answered in this group, but i could not find anything. I have been testing Opendedup sdfs virtual appliance on vmware. Very much impressed so far. I am now ready to put it to test in our production environment. But we use ProxMox hypervisor which is based on KVM instead of VMware ESXi.  am very much in love with the WebGUI on the virtual appliance. Is there no GUI if i install it on Linux or if i decide to decide to install from ground up on a bare metal server dedicated to become backup server only ?
Thanks!

Sam Silverberg

Mar 31, 2013, 4:27:01 PM3/31/13
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Wasim,

You should be able to deploy the appliance on any Hypervisor. Is it failing to deploy on KVM?

Wasim Ahmed

Apr 4, 2013, 1:52:24 AM4/4/13
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,
So great to see your reply!
The only Virtual NAS downloadable i see is OVF format for VMWare. Proxmox Hypervisor does not read OVF files. I tried to take out 2 vmdk files from the downloaded zipped file and integrate them into the Proxmox by creating a new VM and attaching Opendedup 2 virtual hard drives. After bunch of errors/warnings, it finally showed the login prompt with an IP address that i should login. So far so good, but when i try to punch in the IP address it picked up from my dhcp server, browser shows Page not found errors. Would you please kind enough to tell me how can take this OVF templare and put it in KVM hypervisor like Proxmox?
Thanks!!
Wasim,

Sam Silverberg

Apr 4, 2013, 11:45:46 AM4/4/13
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
are you going to https of http? Also the disk images are in raw format so they should be importable by kvm by changing them to .raw. Google OVF to kvm and there are some good articles on how to do this. If the web server is not coming up, it can be started from the command line with /etc/init.d/sdfs_viewer start

Wasim Ahmed

Apr 4, 2013, 3:42:31 PM4/4/13
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
It worked Sam!! I converted the vmdk to raw  format using qemu-img, created a new vm under proxmox kvm and i succesfully logged into Web GUI! Finally my KVM is VMware free :)
Thanks a bunch!

Sam Silverberg

Apr 4, 2013, 7:51:00 PM4/4/13
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear it worked. Enjoy! Send me any bugs that you find.

Asmer Mlaćo

Nov 5, 2020, 10:44:04 AM11/5/20
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
Hi, I installed sdfs-3.10.8-1.x86_64.rpm on clean centos system.
How do I get web console?