backblaze b2 encryption

James Hirschorn

May 16, 2020, 12:13:34 AM5/16/20
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
I am using OpenDedup with backblaze b2 and I am trying to understand about encryption.

In my volume-cfg.xml file, there is an "encrypt" field in the local-chunkstore section. Does this field indicate whether or not my volume is encrypted in the b2 cloud? (I am confused by the meaning of local-chunkstore.)

If yes, since encryption is off for my volume, can I turn on encryption without creating a new volume? Or would I have to create a new encrypted volume, and transfer the data over from the unencrypted volume?

Thanks,
James