What to do after power loss?

XT Admin

Oct 4, 2021, 12:32:45 PM10/4/21
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I'm testing virtual appliance and have several questions.
1)  Soon or later we all can face power loss problem.
Is there a checklist of steps required in such case?

2) in my case, i have 2 volumes, both is used as iscsi targets with ntfs.
After power loss both volumes is market by "!" sign in webgui, they are not mounted by default and .lock file exist in the hashdb directory.

Dedup Storage Engine Crash Recovery

If aDedup Storage Engine crashes, a recovery process will be initiated on the next start.

How to check the recovery process is started or running?

Pavel Tolstokorov

Oct 5, 2021, 9:23:33 AM10/5/21
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
As i think - avoid situations that can lead to power loss...

richman...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2021, 1:31:49 AM10/6/21
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
if your volume is corrupted there is no way to recover it at this moment.
you have to create new one

richman...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2021, 1:39:24 AM10/6/21
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss

XT Admin

Oct 6, 2021, 8:14:24 AM10/6/21
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Is there something like fsck to find is there corrupted files?

richman...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 4:39:17 AM10/8/21
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
there is something like this. But I didn't find it.
I personaly found some sort of workaround.
1. go to the root of dedup volume
2. grep -r -h "non existing text".
if text is not found you will get nothing
if file is broken it will return error and you can find information about broken file in SDFS log

xtuh

Oct 9, 2021, 11:32:04 AM10/9/21
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
cool
пятница, 8 октября 2021 г. в 10:39:17 UTC+2, richman...@gmail.com:

richman...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2021, 1:07:50 AM10/19/21
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
I found that you can speed checking process by starting grep in parallel

"find . -type f -print0  | xargs -0 -P 10 grep -r -H " non existing text " > output"