Expand volume for Azure Deduplication in Backup Exec

Thomas Heimgartner

Dec 3, 2020, 4:32:28 AM12/3/20
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
I have a deduplication volume on Azure integrated in Veritas Backup Exec with the OST file (created with an tech-articel from veritas).
The storage is working fine an online in BackupExec but is too small so I need to expand it.

All my tries with the sdfscli ending in "SocketTimeoutException". I've tried to use
  • sdfscli --volume-info --password admin
  • sdfscli --volume-info --password admin --server localhost --port 6442   (Port that shows in the OpenDedupeConfigUI)
  • sdfscli --expandvolume 12TB --password admin
I'm using Windows Server 2016, Backup Exec 20, SDFS 3.6.0.13 and Windows-OST 2.2.7
How can I connect to the server to expand the volume? I don't found a windows service that is running for the sdfs but I see a Java process that using 5GB RAM.

Thanks for helping
Thomas