Deducer installer for R 3.4 version

sebastien....@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2018, 12:06:08 PM4/25/18
to Deducer
Hello,

I am discovering the marvelous tool Deducer. I teach stats to non-quantitative students, and Deducer seems to be very efficient for that purpose!

I was wondering if there was some installer of Deducer (like the one at http://www.hpmrg.org/software/Deducer-R-2.15.0-win.exe) but with a newer version of R? This installer is very convenient for students which are not good at handling computers, but with R 2.15, I encounter issues with the installation of packages, etc.

Thanks in advance for your answer and thank you for the nice tool!

Sébastien

Ian Fellows

Apr 27, 2018, 2:06:43 PM4/27/18
to ded...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastien,

No, I have not updated the all in one installer is some time. I will try to update it to R 2.5 in the near future.

Best,
Ian

--

---

Ian Fellows

Apr 27, 2018, 2:07:08 PM4/27/18
to ded...@googlegroups.com
I meant R 3.5

Bruce Miller

May 17, 2018, 8:41:41 AM5/17/18
to ded...@googlegroups.com
Package manager not working.
using  R 3.4.2 version
Install works but not manager?

> JGR::package.manager()
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
    at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.rosuda.JGR.MonitoredEval.run(JGR.java:804)
    at org.rosuda.JGR.JGR.timedEval(JGR.java:250)
    at org.rosuda.JGR.JGR.timedEval(JGR.java:242)
    at org.rosuda.JGR.RController.refreshPackages(RController.java:501)
    at org.rosuda.JGR.JGRPackageManager.refresh(JGRPackageManager.java:221)
    at
org.rosuda.JGR.JGRPackageManager.showInstance(JGRPackageManager.java:201)
    at org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine.rniRunMainLoop(Native Method)
    at org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine.run(Rengine.java:640)

Ideas?

Bruce

irene.c...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2018, 11:58:31 AM6/20/18
to Deducer
Hello,
I also teach stats to non-quantitative students and Deducer has been very useful to introduce them into R.
Lately we have been having many compatibility problems, both with Java and with up-to-date cran packages, to the extent we are considering a change of software because solving such technical problems has become so time consuming.
I would like to know if an update of Deducer is to be expected some time soon.

Thank you very much

Irene

Bruce Miller

Oct 26, 2018, 7:53:52 AM10/26/18
to ded...@googlegroups.com, Ian Fellows
Hi all,

I am running the latest R version 3.5.1  32 bit and installed JGR & Deducer fresh from CRAN.
Some plots are now not working  for the simple Geom Bar plots.

I have latest version (JGR 1.8.6) installed and trying to do a simple bar plot plot.
Using Geom Bar

Worked many weeks ago with an older version now this error?

Error: Can't find `stat` called "bar"

Rohrpost

Nov 29, 2018, 5:38:01 AM11/29/18
to Deducer
Hi,

Did you advance in adapting the Deducer windows installer to a mroe recent version ?
A more recent version would be very helpful, as other have already written here.

Thanks in advance

Anthony Laurence

Nov 29, 2018, 8:03:21 AM11/29/18
to ded...@googlegroups.com
I gave up and just learned Stata lol

rudolf....@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2019, 4:47:51 AM4/29/19
to Deducer
Deducer 0.7-9 is still working ok, including with the latest release of R, R 3.6.0.

But version specific matching java support, namely oracle java, rJava and R version is required. There are some severe incompatibilities. So, make sure these are all matching, no mix up here.

Deducer is not the problem, java is the tricky part.

ttanaw...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2019, 2:34:04 PM6/25/19
to Deducer
I followed your suggestions and was able to install Deducer. However, I cannot get DeducerExtras. It showed as "package 'DeducerExtras' is not available (for R version 3.6.0) "
Do you have any problems with DeducerExtras?

rudolf....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2019, 6:22:33 PM6/25/19
to Deducer
You are right. I had not used Deducer Extra for a while, and It does not seem to be available for R 3.6 on CRAN any more.
Rudolf

Tanyanan Tanawuttiwat

Jun 25, 2019, 8:48:55 PM6/25/19
to ded...@googlegroups.com
Thank you

--

---

Tanyanan Tanawuttiwat, M.D.

lauge...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2019, 11:50:13 AM11/25/19
to Deducer
I had problems with installing DeducerExtra in the newest R version (for me at the moment v3.6.1)  too but I found a solution that worked for me. After you've succesfully installed JGR and Deducer packages do the following:
Download the source code for the DeducerExtra package here: https://www.rforge.net/DeducerExtras/files/
Then in the R console execute the following:
install.packages("C:*your file placement*\DeducerExtras_1.7.tar.gz", repos = NULL, type="source")

If you experience the following error (which I did):
'\U' used without hex digits in character string starting ""C:\U"

Replace all '\' with '\\' - that did the trick for me.

onsdag den 26. juni 2019 kl. 02.48.55 UTC+2 skrev Tanyanan Tanawuttiwat:
Thank you