How do I fit a 4th order curve to a scatter plot

Vidyut Dey

Nov 13, 2018, 11:29:45 AM11/13/18
to Deducer
I want to fit a 4th order curve to the data of thermal conductivity against temperature. I do not find any menu for a direct plot as we get in the software Origin Lab. If any onw knows the trick to do this curve fitting, kindly help.
Thermal_Cond.txt

Bruce Miller

Nov 13, 2018, 11:44:39 AM11/13/18
to ded...@googlegroups.com
Good luck,

Seems the list is not active with support and nearly zip replies in past months.

When I am doing simple plots I usually select theme BW first from Other tab to set defaults plot background & text size.
Then go to Geometric Elements tab and select  GEOM Point.  You are offered a pop up menu to define both X & Y axis from your data.

HTH

Bruce

--

---

rudolf....@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2018, 5:26:35 AM11/14/18
to Deducer
That's easy. Go to Deducer, Menu: Analysis, Linear Model, select your parameter(s), continue, in the next menu tick poly and etner the order of the polynomial when prompted, continue, select your plot(s) in the side menu. Done.