‘DeducerExtras’ is not available (for R version 3.6.1)

sa...@mudgegonga.com

Jul 12, 2019, 11:44:02 PM7/12/19
to Deducer
Hello,

I am not very good with this programming stuff. I need Deducer for a medical statistics course I am doing. Can someone please help me!!!

I am trying to load Deducer on my Mac. The version I use is macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

I have installed Java 8 Update 211 because that is what was offered when I went to www.java.com/en/ and that is what was advised in the sheet that lets me know how to download deducer.

I have installed R 3.6.1 and selected the cran Melbourne 2 (already tried with Melbourne 1 and got the same problem so tried this. I really don't know what to do here since I don't understand what it means.

I then put in R the command: install.packages(c("JGR","Deducer","DeducerExtras"))

The warning I get back is ‘DeducerExtras’ is not available (for R version 3.6.1)

Can someone please tell me (in simple terms) the steps to put Deducer onto my computer so that I can do my course?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Sally

rudolf....@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2019, 4:01:20 AM7/26/19
to Deducer
I have a few suggestions.
Make sure to install the java 8u221 JDK from oracle's site, not the JRE. java can be a bit tricky.
If you open R , you can just use the Package Installer from the Menu Package & Data. Then, tick Deducer and make sure to also tick Dependencies to install all the required dependencies with it.
DeducerExtra is not available for R 3.6.1 on CRAN, so you cannot install it, but Deducer itself works fine.