Trouble using dedalus 2 in Windows Subsystem for linux

Brivaël Collin

Jun 6, 2024, 2:10:04 PMJun 6
to Dedalus Users
Hi all,
for one of my project I need to use the Eigentools library  which requires dedalus2. I have succesfully installed it in conda in my Windows Subsystem for Linux using this Git, I can activate the then created dedalus2 environment without any issue, however when I try to execute any python file in this environment using "python3 mycode.py", I get an error
"
(base) bcollin@iten:/mnt/d/Simus/Dedalus/LinearStabilityAnalysis$ conda activate dedalus2
(dedalus2) bcollin@iten:/mnt/d/Simus/Dedalus/LinearStabilityAnalysis$ python3 test_RB_2D.py
-bash: /home/bcollin/anaconda3/envs/dedalus2/bin/python3: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
"

Would any of you know why I am getting such error (I did not have this issue when working with dedalus3 using the same syntax)

Thank you very much and have a nice day,

Brivaël Collin