Failed EVP test case, installation issue

Nicholas Rui

Jun 27, 2024, 11:49:53 AMJun 27
to Dedalus Users
Hello!

I have recently attempted to install Dedalus v3 using the full-stack conda instructions. It seems to have gone okay; however, when I run certain relevant tests (concretely: mathieu_evp.py, and others), I get the following error message.

Is there some obvious solution, or origin of this issue?

Best,
Nicholas

2024-06-27 05:51:04,749 subsystems 0/1 INFO :: Building subproblem matrices 1/1 (~100%) Elapsed: 0s, Remaining: 0s, Rate: 9.0e+01/s
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/central/home/nrui/magnetogeneral/mathieu_evp.py", line 44, in <module>
    solver.solve_dense(solver.subproblems[0], rebuild_matrices=True)
  File "/home/nrui/software/anaconda3/envs/dedalus3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/dedalus/core/solvers.py", line 199, in solve_dense
    A = sp.L_min.A
AttributeError: 'csr_matrix' object has no attribute 'A'

Keaton Burns

Jun 27, 2024, 12:41:42 PMJun 27
to dedalu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicholas,

This is from a recent release of scipy, which deprecated these methods. For now, you can downgrade to scipy < 1.14 to fix it, or use the latest version of Dedalus from the master branch on github.

Best,
-Keaton