Boussinesq simulations in full sphere

Tobias Sternberg

Jun 2, 2021, 6:07:34 AM6/2/21
to Dedalus Users
Hello all,

I would like to use Dedalus to run Boussinesq thermal convection simulations in a full sphere domain and am therefore interested in the status of the development, the implementation and the availability of spherical harmonics/Jacobi-polynomials expansion for full spheres in Dedalus. The 2019 article (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590055219300289?via%3Dihub) has filled me with hope that it might possibly be available...

Many thanks in advance and all the best!

Tobias

Keaton Burns

Jun 2, 2021, 9:53:55 AM6/2/21
to dedalu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,

Stay tuned!  We’re planning to release a new beta version including full spheres this month.

Best,
-Keaton

Tobias Sternberg

Jun 2, 2021, 11:36:58 AM6/2/21
to Dedalus Users
Hi Keaton,

those are great news, thank you very much!

All the best,

Tobias