Basic book to understand tau method

Pinaki Pal

Jun 13, 2024, 7:36:23 AMJun 13
to dedalu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We are new to dedalus and trying to understand the tau method used in the programme. Can anyone please suggest a book for tau method?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Pinaki

--
******************************
Kind Regards,

Pinaki Pal
Associate Professor
Department of Mathematics
National Institute of Technology
Durgapur - 713209, West Bengal
INDIA

Keaton Burns

Jun 13, 2024, 9:12:18 AMJun 13
to dedalu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pinaki,

Unfortunately there aren’t any satisfactory books covering the topic comprehensively. We discuss it a bit in the dedalus methods paper, this paper on multiple chebyshev dimensions, and the documentation here. Otherwise you can find older literature by searching for “tau spectral method”, or similar.

Best,
-Keaton

Pinaki Pal

Jun 13, 2024, 10:25:58 AMJun 13
to dedalu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keaton,

Many thanks for your reply. We'll explore the literature you suggested.

Best regards,
Pinaki