Distributed Authenticated Data Structures and their Applications

Dionysis Zindros

Jan 26, 2021, 12:43:05 PM1/26/21
to decr...@googlegroups.com
Note the unusual time!

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 04:00 PM UTC, Charalampos Papamanthou from the University of Maryland will present "Distributed Authenticated Data Structures and their Applications".

Abstract: We put forth a new model for distributed authenticated data structures. In a distributed authenticated data structure of n elements and p parties, every party stores n/p elements along with their corresponding proofs; a designated trusted party holds the digest of the authenticated data structure. Whenever an update is issued to the data structure, all parties should be able to efficiently update their local proofs and digests. Additionally, a party that has received multiple (verifying) proofs from other parties should be able to produce a small aggregate proof and forward it to another party for verification. Traditional Merkle trees and other vector commitments are not distributed since they fail to support efficient distributed updates or to achieve aggregation. After a short literature review, we will present a new distributed authenticated data structure, called multilinear tree, that satisfies our objectives. We will conclude with some open problems in the area, along with applications of distributed authenticated data structures in stateless validation for cryptocurrencies.

Join here: https://zoom.us/j/98490153604?pwd=RHpOUm4xS1BrU1ovaWN2WDFBWExIZz09

Password: pUaR3c

More seminars: https://decrypto.org/seminar