Indoor Water Fountain - Relax With the Sound of Soothing Waterfalls

Joe Griffith

Sep 29, 2009, 10:11:01 PM9/29/09
to Home Decorating
In a garden or in a home a water fountain is definitely a center of
attraction. The very sound of water has a tremendous calming effect.
Our senses get transported to better regions. So far as fountains go,
you can get them in different forms. Whether you are looking for a
natural stream like a small river, or a roaring majestic indoor
waterfall, these beautiful pieces can throw water as if from geysers.
I personally own an outdoor fountain that is the apple of my eye in
the small Asian-style garden I landscaped myself. The fountain is
similar to a small waterfall where the liquid tumbles and falls down
individual tiers of the fountain facade material before making a
lovely sound when it returns to the basin itself. The outpouring is
the focal point of the entire garden and I have spent so many hours
watching and enjoying the uninterrupted tranquil feeling it creates.
I prefer to care for my own fountains, which is really quite easy to
do, but a surprising number of people simply do not attempt the work
or understand how to do it. For those who like to buy prefabricated
things, there are some fountains that are shipped directly to you
already built. This way, all you have to do is liberally add water and
secure the fountain in a sturdy location. One big point to keep in
mind if you want to enhance your own fountain's flow is to get a pump
that is very efficient and powerful overall. The pumps are usually
rated in terms of G.P.M., or gallons per minute, and a higher rating
is necessary for making your water fountain flow at its best.
A current design trend is to utilize indoor fountains to bring the
natural outdoor sounds of running water into the home. Indoor
fountains create a soothing atmosphere and calm surroundings. A
particular preference (and a very nice feature) of many modern
interior designers is to install the indoor wall fountains on or
against the wall with a catch basin, as opposed to having the fountain
stand alone. The wall fountain creates a charming waterfall effect.
The basin contains a pump which circulates the water back to the top
for a continual water cascade. Keep in mind, however, that the quality
of the fountain is directly related to its wear and tear. A cheap
fountain could leak easily and create unintended water damage to the
home.
When you are considering the purchase of an indoor waterfall, you will
need to ensure the product was manufactured to only the strictest
quality standards. You do not want to deal with the expense of
repairing water damage should your decorative water fountain suffer
from cracks or leaks. See if the retailer or manufacturer will allow
you to test the product with running water for several hours before
you decide whether or not to buy. This is the best way to prevent
nasty surprises down the line!
For anyone looking to transform any space, indoors or outdoors, water
fountains are simply some of the best options available. They add an
element of beauty and a sense of peace and tranquility outside in the
garden or right inside your living room. Depending on a the variety of
ways in which you can install them, they can truly transform the given
area into an interesting and lovely place.