fabric markers...or something

stehe

May 20, 2008, 5:32:44 PM5/20/08
to Decorative Faux Painting
Hi,
I am looking for some expert advice from some experienced fabric
painters!
My dearest friend is getting married early next year, and I want to
make her a quilt...sounds simple enough..but I want to send patches
out to all of the guests for them to write or draw on.

As there are about 200 people I need to find an easy, clean way for
them to draw/paint/write and post the patches back.

I have found these fiillable markers
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1679-AA.shtml?lnav=markers.html
but it is not really specific about what dye/paint to use in them. A
solution like this would be perfect. When I asked the trader about
these she suggested that I should not use them and should get the pre-
filled pens (which are about twice as expensive).

I am also painting the other side of the quilt so I am going to need
to get dye/paint for that as well...and I want the colours to be
consistent though out. Ahhh. confused to say the least.

I will be using calico for the back and front,
it should be washable and permanent

Many thanks for any help you can offer!

Stehe

Lilly Walters

May 20, 2008, 5:40:08 PM5/20/08
to decorative-f...@googlegroups.com
How about send a set of fabice paint pens? They are
already filled.

Go to http://www.orientaltrading.com

Type in search: IN-48/2050

They are about $5 each set

- Lilly Walters
http://www.paintonfabric.com

mukta sadana

May 21, 2008, 4:40:49 AM5/21/08
to decorative-f...@googlegroups.com
hi u can even try using fabric paints thy are as good and come in lot of colours and are pretty reasonable...u can go to the site of pidlite industries which are makers of fevicryl paints............hope i have been of help.....all the best with the progress of the wonderful gift i m sure your friend is going to treasure it for years to come

LouAnn Rose

May 21, 2008, 9:37:35 AM5/21/08
to decorative-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.....what about the new crayola paint crayons?  They are permanent and not messy.  They will transport well.  I saw them demonstrated at a craft store recently.  I saw a set of 8 for $4.99....hope this helps.

Your project sounds wonderful!