Fabric painting

TolingBelle

Jan 14, 2008, 10:52:51 PM1/14/08
to Decorative Faux Painting
After looking at all the tees you have painted makes me want to do
some more painting on fabric.
It has been a long time, used to do quite a bit. I am sure there have
been more up to date techniques since then.
I detect something that looks like an airbrush was used too. Am I
correct?

Thanks

Eleanor aka TolingBelle

AAM...@aol.com

Jan 15, 2008, 7:10:07 AM1/15/08
to decorative-f...@googlegroups.com
Eleanor,

Thanks for the comments.  Actually, it is all freehand.  I wish I knew how to do the airbrush!  I enjoy painting on everything and fabric is a new one that I started this past year.  I have painted on fabric for tablecloths too.  The sky is the limit with paint and the options out there now.

Let me know if you start doing it again.  I'd love to see your work!

Amy

Lilly Walters

Jan 15, 2008, 9:45:02 AM1/15/08
to decorative-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elanor :)

Thank you for joinging my group.

No airbush. The techniques I get are all from using
water on the fabric.

Be careful, water will run right around the back of
you fabric painting board, and the edges will create
lines in your design.

- Lilly Walters Schermerhorn
www.paintonfabric.com
www.cobblestone-cottages.com

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

E. Metzgar

Jan 15, 2008, 8:28:15 PM1/15/08
to decorative-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes, been there but usually I have had pretty good control and
the mistakes have turned into happy mistakes.

Eleanor aka TolingBelle