Two Decloner problems (and two feature suggestions)

David Broadfoot

Mar 19, 2015, 12:14:30 AM3/19/15
to decl...@googlegroups.com
Running OSX 10.8.5; 8Gb RAM; 500 Gb disk (50 Gb free)

1. I started a scan and came back 8 hours later but it had no progressed past 0.4% complete - the system had gone to sleep.

2. One drive had 8 top level directories. I selected 7 of them but noticed that all 8 very being scanned.

3.Feature suggestion: with one click, be able to open all the files that match a particular file in Finder - horizontally tiled (normally just two, or sometimes three windows).

4. As files are deleted manually (e.g. using Finder), remove them from the Decloner display.

Gleb Dolgich

Mar 20, 2015, 8:47:00 PM3/20/15
to David Broadfoot, decl...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for reporting these.

On 19 Mar 2015, at 4:14, David Broadfoot wrote:

Running OSX 10.8.5; 8Gb RAM; 500 Gb disk (50 Gb free)

  1. I started a scan and came back 8 hours later but it had no progressed past 0.4% complete - the system had gone to sleep.

If you can reliably reproduce this behaviour, I would like to ask you to enable logging in Decloner Preferences and send me the log, so that I could potentially see what prevented Decloner from progressing further.

  1. One drive had 8 top level directories. I selected 7 of them but noticed that all 8 very being scanned.

This could happen if there was an alias to the 8th directory in one of the first seven.

3.Feature suggestion: with one click, be able to open all the files that
match a particular file in Finder - horizontally tiled (normally just two,
or sometimes three windows).

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll put it on the list.

  1. As files are deleted manually (e.g. using Finder), remove them from the Decloner display.

This is planned, but I don't have an ETA.

Best regards,
Gleb