New paper

L G

May 16, 2024, 4:32:36 PMMay 16
to decision_t...@googlegroups.com, larry....@mcgill.ca, leps...@bu.edu

Hi,

Kaushil Patel and I have just completed a paper titled “Identifying Heterogeneous Decision Rules From Choices When Menus Are Unobserved.” It is available at http://arxiv.org/abs/2405.09500 and an abstract follows below.

Of course, comments would be most welcome.

Thanks.

larry epstein

Given only aggregate choice data and limited information about how menus are distributed across the population, we describe what can be inferred robustly about the distribution of preferences (or more general decision rules). We strengthen and generalize existing results on such identification and provide an alternative analytical approach to study the problem. We show further that our model and results are applicable, after suitable reinterpretation, to other contexts. One application is to the robust identification of the distribution of updating rules given only the population

distribution of beliefs and limited information about heterogeneous information sources.