A New Book: No Prices, No Games!

Michael Richter

Apr 24, 2024, 12:08:12 PMApr 24
to decision_t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Decision Theorists,

Ariel and I have written a book, “No Prices, No Games !” which has just been published this morning!

You can read it for free online, download a free copy,  or purchase a printed or e-version at:

Abstract:
Just as decision theory models frameworks besides standard rationality, in our book, we wish to model alternative solutions concepts besides the standard focus on prices or games.

The societal conventions that we consider are:
  • Power,
  • Social Norms,
  • Status,
  • Systematic Biases.

These four conventions are analysed using simple and mathematically straightforward models, without any pretensions regarding direct applied usefulness. While we do not advocate for the adoption of any of these conventions specifically – we do advocate that when modelling an economic situation, alternative equilibrium notions should be considered, rather than automatically reaching for the familiar approaches of prices or games.

Cover:
image001.jpg

Kind regards,
Ariel and Michael

Karl Schlag

Apr 24, 2024, 12:20:47 PMApr 24
to decision_t...@googlegroups.com
hi michael, hi ariel
what a cool cover, what a cool book. i am just missing a few cool pix inside. once again moving the field into a new dimension.
karl

Karl Schlag
Professor

Department of Economics		email: karl....@univie.ac.at
University of Vienna		landline:  +43-1-4277-37437
Oskar-Morgenstern-Platz 1	mobile: +43-664-8175934
1090 Vienna, Austria		fax:  +43-1-4277-9374
				room: 5.641 (fifth floor)

http://homepage.univie.ac.at/karl.schlag/