2 Post-Doc Positions at Bocconi University

salvator...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2023, 9:35:14 AM2/1/23
to decision_theory_forum
Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to two post-doctoral positions at the Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research (IGIER) and the Department of Economics at Bocconi University in Milan, Italy.

One position is for 2 years with a salary of €40,000/year (income tax exempt) while the other position is for 1 year with a salary of €60,000/year (income tax exempt). The advertised starting date is May 1, 2023 but there is some flexibility.

This is a description for both positions: Why are populist parties more successful in some places (or times) compared to others? What makes right or left populism more prominent in some countries (or after certain crises)? This project tackles these questions with the tools of behavioral political economy, a blossoming field at the intersection of behavioral economics and political economy, which applies insights from cognitive psychology and methodologies from microeconomics to understand political behavior. Depending on his/her background and research interests, the Post-Doc will provide specific skills to help the PI in (a) collecting measures of economic preferences, social preferences, cognitive abilities and political attitudes in large-scale surveys, and/or (b) conducting laboratory experiments at the Bocconi Experimental Laboratory for the Social Sciences, and/or (c) developing theoretical models to explore the consequences of citizens' behavioral biases and limited cognitive resources on their political choices.

The application deadline for both positions is February 15, 2023.

To apply, go to http://www.unibocconi.eu/faculty-postdoc and search for the IGIER positions that were published on 20/12/2022 and on 21/12/2022. (Unfortunately, I cannot provide unique application links and there are more IGIER positions at the same page but my name is clearly displayed under "professor of referral" in the call for applications).

I would be very grateful if you could share this job ad with anyone who might be interested. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information about the positions.

Best wishes for the beginning of the semester!

Salvo Nunnari
https://snunnari.github.io
salvator...@unibocconi.it