RUD 2024 -- Update regarding hotel reservations

pet...@kellogg.northwestern.edu

Apr 30, 2024, 11:24:27 AMApr 30
to decision_theory_forum
Dear all interested in attending RUD 2024 at Northwestern, June 24-26:

short version: please make your hotel reservations by this Sunday, May 5, 2024 if you would like to take advantage of the reduced RUD rates. Hotel details and links below (also on the conference website: https://sites.google.com/site/rudconference/rud-2024 where you should please register as soon as possible if you are planning to attend).

long version: we originally indicated that 5/15 and 5/26 were the cutoff dates to reserve rooms at specially negotiated rates at the Hyatt and Hilton hotels respectively. However, we have just been advised that we will be held responsible for any blocked rooms that are not sold. To avoid this liability, we will likely have to release unbooked rooms in the block by May 6th. In addition, a quick search of local hotels in late June indicates that rates appear unexpectedly high; thus, there may be even more value than anticipated in the negotiated rates. Therefore, we urge you to make your hotel reservations by this Sunday, May 5, 2024 at the latest

Here are the hotel registration details and links:

Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston, in downtown Evanston, a 22-min walk to the Kellogg Global Hub

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston, a little less centrally located but still 22 minutes from the Kellogg Global Hub

Thank you for your cooperation, and looking forward to seeing you in Evanston in June!

Marciano and Peter.