STILL SPOTS LEFT! Design Lab Workshop this Thursday!

Jennifer Morrison

Jun 23, 2024, 1:17:35 PMJun 23
to dm-me...@googlegroups.com, decatu...@googlegroups.com

👋 Hello Makers,

Are your kids curious about how things move and work? Our Design Lab workshop series is the perfect opportunity for young engineers and inventors to dive into the exciting world of engineering and design. This hands-on workshop is ideal for middle school and high school students who love to tinker, build, and explore!

Please use this link to register!

Creative Festival (3).png

Workshop Details:

  • Topic: Design Lab with Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
  • Age Group: Middle school and high school students
  • Cost: $25
  • Date: Last Thursday of each month
  • Time: 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM

What Kids Will Learn:

Understanding Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems:
Kids will explore the differences between pneumatic and hydraulic systems. They’ll learn how these systems generate motion and force, and see how they’re used in various real-world applications.

Basics of Fluid Mechanics:
Through interactive demonstrations and activities, kids will delve into the fundamentals of fluid mechanics, gaining an understanding of how air and liquid pressure work in these systems.

Design and Prototyping:
Guided by our experienced instructor, kids will unleash their creativity to design and prototype their own functional models. From pneumatic-powered devices to hydraulic machines, the possibilities are endless!

Problem-Solving Skills:
As they build and test their designs, kids will develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.

Don’t miss this opportunity to inspire your child’s creativity and curiosity! Space is limited, so sign up today to secure a spot in our innovative and educational workshop.

Please use this link to register!

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Morrison (she/her)
Manager of Youth Programming & Outreach, Decatur Makers

- Check us out on MeetUp for a complete calendar of our classes & events.
- Follow Decatur Makers on FacebookTwitterInstagram.
- Get more info at decaturmakers.org