updating dependencies

Justin Obara

May 30, 2012, 3:54:01 PM5/30/12
to dec...@googlegroups.com
In our push for the Decapod 0.5 release, I've been looking through the dependencies we have listed in our install scripts. We've made a number of changes between the 0.4 and the upcoming 0.5 release and I believe that many are no longer needed. Please double check that they are in fact not being used.

This is a list of the dependencies I'd like to remove:

  • cvs
  • subversion
  • autoconf
  • hardinfo
  • hwinfo
  • valgrind
  • libtool
  • gettext
  • libusb-dev
  • libpopt-dev
  • swig
  • python-tk
  • python-opencv
  • python-gnome2

**NOTE: this is specific to the Decapod 0.5 release. Some of these may return in future releases**

As discussed in our weekly call, it would be good to keep an up-to-date list of all our dependencies. Somewhere that we could all go to update as we make changes. The location will have to be accessible by everyone in the community. I can set up a space on our wiki, which means it would also be versioned. Alternatively we could try to create a public googledoc.

I would prefer to use the wiki, but am open to the googledoc or another suitable method. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Justin

Justin Obara

May 30, 2012, 3:55:49 PM5/30/12
to dec...@googlegroups.com
Here's the link to the wiki space.

- Justin

Martin Krämer

May 31, 2012, 10:29:05 AM5/31/12
to dec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think the wiki may be most convenient.

Cheers
Martin

Justin Obara

May 31, 2012, 10:47:49 AM5/31/12
to dec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Thanks. I've already started a wiki page.
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Decapod+Dependencies

It could probably use another pass at formatting, but at this point I'm just trying to get the info in there.
I would also like to add version numbers for each of the dependencies.

Feel free to update it as needed and review the licenses as well.

Thanks
Justin