This Is What Free Trade Looks Like

Michael Stauch

Jul 20, 2010, 4:43:04 PM7/20/10
to dec...@googlegroups.com
What up team,

just wanted to extend the invite to everybody to come out to an event some of us are putting on THIS THURSDAY! We are showing the film "This Is What Free Trade Looks Like" over at El Centro Hispano. Get there at 6 p.m. to check it out, and stay for what's sure to be some lively conversation after the movie.

Also, check out the attached flyer and pass it along to folks you think might be interested!

Hope everyone can make it!

Mike
Free_Trade.jpg

Michael Stauch

Jul 22, 2010, 2:09:53 PM7/22/10
to dec...@googlegroups.com
Hey again all,

just wanted to send out a final reminder that we're having this event tonight. Hope everyone can make it out to this movie and have a conversation about what free trade looks like for ordinary folks on both sides of the US-Mexico border, how it relates to "neoliberalism" and other key issues.

Mike
Free_Trade.jpg

Lauren Merin

Jul 22, 2010, 3:07:13 PM7/22/10
to dec...@googlegroups.com
Mike-- got the great flyer!  unfortunately, i won't be able to make it tonight.  are you coming to the movie tomorrow?

Jul 23, 2010, 4:39:49 AM7/23/10
to dec...@googlegroups.com
tomorrow, 5pm, ray's house (which i don't know where that is yet...)  :)

Sent: Thu, July 22, 2010 9:58:46 PM
Subject: Re: This Is What Free Trade Looks Like

bryan proffitt

Jul 23, 2010, 12:03:44 PM7/23/10
to dec...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all, I hope that this finds everyone doing well.

Just sending a quick note to let you know that Ray lives at 703C South St. (at the corner of Lakewood and South).  that's where we're showing the movie tonight at 5 PM.  Dinner will be served

The film is Grain of Sand, and it is about the struggle of Mexican teachers to build a democratic public education system over the last 30-40 years, in the face of all kinds of obstacles, including a neoliberal political agenda.  Not to be missed.

Be there!

bryan

bryan proffitt

Jul 23, 2010, 12:07:38 PM7/23/10
to dec...@googlegroups.com
Sorry y'all, I got a message from Sendolo right after I sent that email that we are not going to have movie night tonight.  A couple of us got pulled out of town and it's going to be impossible for those of us that are around to make it happen.

We'll keep you posted for the rescheduling.

bryan