IE9 tab crashes.

Shaun Haddrill

Jan 8, 2014, 1:38:25 AM1/8/14
to debu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am using Windows 7 and I have IETester v0.5.2 installed.
After I installed the IE10 IE9 started crashing. Is this a know bug? If so are there any know fixes other than un-installing IE10?
I vaguely rembmer copying and replacing files in an appData directory to get IE10 dev preview working, perhaps this is causing the crash? I am unsure which files I copied as I can't find the instructions on your website any more as the forum has been closed..

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

Shaun Haddrill

Jan 8, 2014, 1:44:50 AM1/8/14
to debu...@googlegroups.com
Just to update I have found the instructions on the waybackmachine, http://web.archive.org/web/20111021215942/http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/IE10Preview
The files I copied across were not in the appData but were in C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Services\IETester\IE10
Removing the IE10 dir does not fix the crashing. I will delete these folders and re-install IE-Tester. Will let you know how I go.

Shaun Haddrill

Jan 9, 2014, 6:30:16 PM1/9/14
to debu...@googlegroups.com
Jean has pointed out to me that this is the Google group for debug-bar, not IETester, apologies.
After some more investigation Jean and I found that 301 redirects are causing the crash, for example visiting https://google.com redirecting to https://www.google.com.