Hovering over "Main document" in Script tab causes IE window to move to top.

Derek White

Feb 9, 2015, 3:19:58 PM2/9/15
to debu...@googlegroups.com
WinXP + IE8

DebugBar detached.

Open Script tab.

When the mouse goes over ANY part of the "<Main document>" row, it highlights the document in IE8 and the IE8 window is focused, putting DebugBar underneath it.

There is no hover delay, it happens immediately. This means that normal mouse movements trigger it and "hide" the DebugBar window underneath the IE8 window.

It took several minutes to figure out WTF was happening.

This makes the entire Script tab a PITA to work with, especially with a small desktop size. You have to constantly be mindful of not hovering over this special row or deal with re-focusing the DebugBar just because you had to move your mouse from the top of the window to the bottom.

Jean-Fabrice Rabaute

Feb 10, 2015, 4:48:12 AM2/10/15
to Derek White, debu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, good catch. I can reproduce the problem.
I'll investigate and keep you posted on the bug fix.

Fabrice Rabaute

Jean-Fabrice Rabaute

Mar 3, 2015, 3:06:19 AM3/3/15
to Derek White, debu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm happy to announce that DebugBar v7.5.1 (released today) is fixing this focus problem.

Thanks for reporting the problem.
--
Fabrice Rabaute

Derek White