Allow proper resizing when attached to bottom.

Derek White

Feb 9, 2015, 3:29:28 PM2/9/15
to debu...@googlegroups.com
When DebugBar is attached to the bottom of the window, the resize "exclude DBB" options are greyed out.

Please support proper resizing when attached to bottom. Bottom is "obviously" the best and should be fully supported! ;)

In fact, there are "bugs" with ALL the attachment styles...
  • Detached: Script tab bug, previously reported.
  • Side: Your left-to-right layout doesn't work well with a small width - it makes it stupidly hard to work inside of. (Why is this the default???)
  • Bottom: Cannot do proper browser resizing.

Jean-Fabrice Rabaute

Feb 10, 2015, 4:53:34 AM2/10/15
to Derek White, debu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Derek White <y2kd...@gmail.com> wrote:
When DebugBar is attached to the bottom of the window, the resize "exclude DBB" options are greyed out.

Yes, because it has been implemented for the left side, but not the bottom side. I'll add it on the next version.

Please support proper resizing when attached to bottom. Bottom is "obviously" the best and should be fully supported! ;)

In fact, there are "bugs" with ALL the attachment styles...
  • Detached: Script tab bug, previously reported.
  • Side: Your left-to-right layout doesn't work well with a small width - it makes it stupidly hard to work inside of. (Why is this the default???)
DebugBar should save the state, so if you opened it as the bottom pane, the next time you'll open it, it should be at the bottom.

  • Bottom: Cannot do proper browser resizing.

I'm not sure to understand what it means.

Fabrice Rabaute

Jean-Fabrice Rabaute

Mar 1, 2015, 1:10:26 PM3/1/15
to Derek White, debu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm happy to announce that DebugBar v7.5 (released yesterday) is fixing this resize problem when attached at the bottom.

Thanks for reporting the problem.
--
Fabrice Rabaute

Derek White