Another Option + Re: updates.

10 views
Skip to first unread message

Sekai Farai

unread,
Jan 26, 2012, 11:50:01 AM1/26/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for asking Tim. Ultimately, the organizer wrote: "We've talked it over.  I'm afraid our event isn't a good fit for this project because we need to stay away from projects that are political statements."

I responded with an argument that it's not and need not be any more of a politicized statement than other user-centric platform like kickstarter, ebay etc. and received no further response.

Another option: Developers for Good, here: http://meetup.developersforgood.org/ ---hosts a meetup once a month at Tidbit Headquarters where socially-conscious developers and others get together to bring projects like this to life. Tim, if you're in NYC, maybe you, me and whomever else can go to this event (Feb 9th) and get started on this effort. Let me know what folks think.

Can someone send the dev for good organizer, Vanessa Hurst, information about our project as well as our request to use their meetups as our organizing base? Her email is: vrh...@gmail.com.

Best!

Sekai


On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM, tim <timothy....@gmail.com> wrote:
Did this end up happening?  Either way, I"m a developer and would be
happy to get involved, it sounds like a great project.  Let me know
how I can participate (github?)

Thanks!

Tim

On Dec 25 2011, 5:55 pm, Sekai Farai <sekai.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While I've been unable to secure space for a weekend hackathon, I submitted
> this project for consideration as a potential participant in the below
> hackathon that's being hosted on January 19th. You can read more about it
> below.
>
> I'll let you know when I hear back.
>
> -------------
> Hi everyone-
>
> I'm writing today to extend an invitation to participate in an upcoming
> event. The January 19th Webvisions conference in NYC has a hackathon
> component, where nonprofit organizations will be able to share their work
> and connect with developers to build web solutions together. Full details
> about the conference are at:http://www.webvisionsevent.com/
>
> You can learn more about the hackathon and agenda at:http://www.webvisionsevent.com/new-york/session/hackathon-for-social-...
>
> *Webvisions is looking for 3 nonprofits to feature.* A participating
> organization should be:
>
> • A group with a problem that's a good candidate for a web application.
>  This hackathon is sponsored by IE9, so the solutions will be browser-based
> (not stand-alone mobile applications, etc.).
> • A group that's organized enough to prepare anything that needs to be
> setup ahead of time or be available for the volunteers to get work done.
>  Databases, server access, documents, etc...  It's helpful if they've got a
> "wrangler" who can take care of organizing things on their end, who can
> come to the hackathon and be the point person.
> • A group that will help us spread the word about the hackathon and the
> conference, we need to drive people to sign up!
>
> If you're organization is interested, please let me know and I can connect
> you to the organizers. There are only 3 spots available!
>
> Thanks,
> Amy
>
> --
> *Amy Sample Ward*http://amysampleward.org|  @amyrswardhttp://socialbysocial.com  |   @socialbysocial
>
> *Membership Director
> * NTEN: The Nonprofit Technology Networkhttp://nten.org| @NTENorg
>
> --
> anthropologist. founder. social entrepreneur.www.twitter.com/sekaifaraiwww.about.me/sekaifaraiwww.hashable.com/sekaihttp://meetwith.me/sekaifarai
>
> [image: Follow me on twitter] <http://movableink.com/twitter_pics/151/link>



--
anthropologist. founder. social entrepreneur.
www.twitter.com/sekaifarai
www.about.me/sekaifarai
www.hashable.com/sekai

http://meetwith.me/sekaifarai

Follow me on twitter

tim

unread,
Jan 26, 2012, 4:17:06 PM1/26/12
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
Unfortuntely, I"m down in DC and so will have to contribute remotely,
which I'm happy to do. Sounds like a good meetup though.

Tim

On Jan 26, 11:50 am, Sekai Farai <sekai.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for asking Tim. Ultimately, the organizer wrote: "We've talked it
> over.  I'm afraid our event isn't a good fit for this project because we
> need to stay away from projects that are political statements."
>
> I responded with an argument that it's not and need not be any more of a
> politicized statement than other user-centric platform like kickstarter,
> ebay etc. and received no further response.
>
> *Another option*: Developers for Good, here:http://meetup.developersforgood.org/---hosts a meetup once a month at
> Tidbit Headquarters where socially-conscious developers and others get
> together to bring projects like this to life. Tim, if you're in NYC, maybe
> you, me and whomever else can go to this event (Feb 9th) and get started on
> this effort. Let me know what folks think.
>
> *Can someone send the dev for good organizer, Vanessa Hurst, information
> about our project as well as our request to use their meetups as our
> organizing base? Her email is: vrhu...@gmail.com. *
> > socialbysocial.com  |   @socialbysocial
>
> > > *Membership Director
> > > * NTEN: The Nonprofit Technology Networkhttp://nten.org|@NTENorg
>
> > > --
> > > anthropologist. founder. social
> > entrepreneur.www.twitter.com/sekaifaraiwww.about.me/sekaifaraiwww.hashable.com/sek...

Sekai Farai

unread,
Jan 26, 2012, 6:22:42 PM1/26/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tim. I wonder what folks would think about doing the earlier google huddle/talk scenario that was discussed at the meetup.

Anyone want to email Vanessa Hurst? I have extended my 'asks' with DFG so some new blood would be great.
--
anthropologist. founder. social entrepreneur.
www.twitter.com/sekaifarai
www.about.me/sekaifarai
www.hashable.com/sekai

Thomas Gokey

unread,
Jan 27, 2012, 11:06:18 AM1/27/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
I'm up for a google huddle/talk (does that mean "hangout"?).

-Thomas
--
____________________________________________________
Thomas Gokey
The Art School in the Art School | Department of Wonder and Joy
Syracuse "University" | VPA Foundations
Time Arts | Two-Dimensional Creative Processes
w: thomasgokey.com
e: thoma...@gmail.com
____________________________________________________
This e-mail is a handmade object, all errors of spelling and grammar give it a sense of character and authenticity.

Gmail's algorithms search the contents of our e-mail for keywords which it uses to customize the advertizements it shows us. Google tries to be sensitive, however, and disables the ads if you are writing about tragic subjects. If the algorithm finds keywords like "massacre," "slaughter," "bloodbath," or "murder" it will not show you ads. Since I just used them here, in my signature, I'm ad free.

Greg Belvedere

unread,
Jan 27, 2012, 12:30:34 PM1/27/12
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
I'm also up for a google hangout. Thanks for offering your skills
Tim.

Greg

On Jan 27, 11:06 am, Thomas Gokey <thomasgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm up for a google huddle/talk (does that mean "hangout"?).
>
> -Thomas
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Sekai Farai <sekai.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Tim. I wonder what folks would think about doing the earlier google
> > huddle/talk scenario that was discussed at the meetup.
>
> > Anyone want to email Vanessa Hurst? I have extended my 'asks' with DFG so
> > some new blood would be great.
>
> > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM, tim <timothy.ander...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Unfortuntely, I"m down in DC and so will have to contribute remotely,
> >> which I'm happy to do.  Sounds like a good meetup though.
>
> >> Tim
>
> >> On Jan 26, 11:50 am, Sekai Farai <sekai.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > Thanks for asking Tim. Ultimately, the organizer wrote: "We've talked it
> >> > over.  I'm afraid our event isn't a good fit for this project because we
> >> > need to stay away from projects that are political statements."
>
> >> > I responded with an argument that it's not and need not be any more of a
> >> > politicized statement than other user-centric platform like kickstarter,
> >> > ebay etc. and received no further response.
>
> >> > *Another option*: Developers for Good, here:
> >>http://meetup.developersforgood.org/---hostsa meetup once a month at
> > anthropologist. founder. social entrepreneur.
> >www.twitter.com/sekaifarai
> >www.about.me/sekaifarai
> >www.hashable.com/sekai
> >http://meetwith.me/sekaifarai
>
> > [image: Follow me on twitter]<http://movableink.com/twitter_pics/151/link>
>
> --
> ____________________________________________________
> Thomas Gokey
> The Art School in the Art School | Department of Wonder and Joy
> Syracuse "University" | VPA Foundations
> Time Arts | Two-Dimensional Creative Processes
> w: thomasgokey.com
> e: thomasgo...@gmail.com
> ____________________________________________________
> This e-mail is a handmade object, all errors of spelling and grammar give
> it a sense of character and authenticity.
>
> Gmail's algorithms search the contents of our e-mail for keywords which it
> uses to customize the advertizements it shows us. Google tries to be
> sensitive, however, and disables the ads if you are writing about tragic
> subjects. If the algorithm finds keywords like "massacre," "slaughter,"
> "bloodbath," or "murder" it will not show you ads. Since I just used them
> here, in my signature, I'm ad free.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Timothy Anderegg

unread,
Jan 27, 2012, 12:33:49 PM1/27/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Certainly :)  I'm interested in both the Student Debt and the generalized "Divestment" idea, since divestment can be a very powerful force (eg Aparthid, various environmental campaigns, ALEC, etc)

I'm happy to start with a student debt project though, and expand from there.  Let me know when folks could do a hangout.

Tim

Greg Belvedere

unread,
Feb 15, 2012, 3:42:49 PM2/15/12
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
I'm going to throw a date out that works for me in the hopes it works
for some other people here. Can we try and have a google hangout next
Tuesday the 21st at around 8pm (eastern time)?

Greg

On Jan 27, 12:33 pm, Timothy Anderegg <timothy.ander...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > >>http://meetup.developersforgood.org/---hostsameetup once a month at
> > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -

Thomas Gokey

unread,
Feb 15, 2012, 3:51:38 PM2/15/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
@Greg, I'm available at 8pm on the 21st.

@Venessa, sorry I'm not on Facebook. I never have been. I lucked out.

-Thomas

Jennifer Hensley

unread,
Feb 15, 2012, 4:00:09 PM2/15/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
I am interested in doing the hangout thing too, but I will be working
Tuesday night. Any other
times?

--
Jennifer Hensley

Read me here:

www.bloodypickle.wordpress.com

Here:

She's So Heavy on Smashwords.com:  http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/18229

And here:
www.alreadygorgeous.com

Timothy Anderegg

unread,
Feb 15, 2012, 4:21:53 PM2/15/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
I could do Tuesday night as well, but if another time works better let me know.

-Tim

Laila Moire-Selvage

unread,
Feb 15, 2012, 4:24:39 PM2/15/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Not sure how many people are on here but I am doing a video project for my Anthropology project here at UC Berkeley and I would love some feed back from some students about their involvement with Occupy Cal as well as their opinions of what should be done and how. Throw me some ideas and let me know if your in the area to maybe do a short interview on film, etc.

    Thanks!

           Laila

Greg Belvedere

unread,
Feb 15, 2012, 6:57:04 PM2/15/12
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
I could do Thursday at 8 pm also. We will go with the date where most
people can attend.

--
Greg Belvedere
Founder of Our Bookshelf ourbookshelf.com The DRM-free Ebook
Lending Social Network
Follow on twitter @ourebookshelf
> > > > > >>http://meetup.developersforgood.org/---hostsameetuponce a month

Thomas Gokey

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 5:30:59 AM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone involved with the Occupy Student Debt Working Group (which I think is a sub-set of the Empowerment & Education Working Group) that is also working on a debt strike? This is the group that is working with Andrew Ross and launched the student debt refusal campaign. I think we should reach out to them since they've been meeting regularly.

Once we settle on a date, I'd like to see if we can get Andrew Ross and maybe Anya Kamenetz or other experts involved.

-Thomas


Thomas Gokey

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 10:22:23 AM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Either Tuesday or Thursday at 8PM works for me.

Does Thursday at 8 work for Jennifer or Tim?

I'd like to settle a time so that I can start recruiting a few new people to jump into this project.

Sarah Jaffe, are you still checking this list? I think it would be great if you could join the hangout.

-Thomas

Sarah Jaffe

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 10:32:12 AM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com

Hello! I am definitely still here and scheming. Thursdays are bad for me though...

Jennifer Hensley

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 10:32:23 AM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Thursday at 8pm would work for me. Is this next week we're discussing?

--

Thomas Gokey

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 11:28:20 AM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Yes next week. Really any time is good for me except on Mondays (I teach 9 hours on Mondays).

What times would work better for you Sarah?

-Thomas

Sarah Jaffe

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 12:03:14 PM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Next week basically any day BUT Thursday or Friday is fine.
--
Sarah Jaffe
ohyouprettythings.net
@seasonothebitch

Greg Belvedere

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 12:12:25 PM2/16/12
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
I can do Thursday if necessary. At this point it looks like either
Sarah or Jennifer will be excluded depending on what date we pick.
Unless some other people chime in we will have to find a way to flip a
coin. I could also do next Friday evening at 8pm.

On Feb 16, 11:28 am, Thomas Gokey <thomasgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes next week. Really any time is good for me except on Mondays (I teach 9
> hours on Mondays).
>
> What times would work better for you Sarah?
>
> -Thomas
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Jennifer Hensley
> <jens.so.he...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
> > Thursday at 8pm would work for me.  Is this next week we're discussing?
>
> > On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Thomas Gokey <thomasgo...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Either Tuesday or Thursday at 8PM works for me.
>
> > > Does Thursday at 8 work for Jennifer or Tim?
>
> > > I'd like to settle a time so that I can start recruiting a few new
> > people to
> > > jump into this project.
>
> > > Sarah Jaffe, are you still checking this list? I think it would be great
> > if
> > > you could join the hangout.
>
> > > -Thomas
>
> > > On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Thomas Gokey <thomasgo...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > >> Is anyone involved with the Occupy Student Debt Working Group (which I
> > >> think is a sub-set of the Empowerment & Education Working Group) that is
> > >> also working on a debt strike? This is the group that is working with
> > Andrew
> > >> Ross and launched the student debt refusal campaign. I think we should
> > reach
> > >> out to them since they've been meeting regularly.
>
> > >> Once we settle on a date, I'd like to see if we can get Andrew Ross and
> > >> maybe Anya Kamenetz or other experts involved.
>
> > >> -Thomas
>
> > >> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Greg Belvedere <gmb1...@gmail.com>
> ...
>
> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Timothy Anderegg

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 12:13:20 PM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
How about Wednesday at 8 EST?  Can anyone not do that time?

-Tim

Greg Belvedere

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 12:14:35 PM2/16/12
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
I don't get out of work until 8 next Wednesday, but I could do 8:30.

On Feb 16, 11:28 am, Thomas Gokey <thomasgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes next week. Really any time is good for me except on Mondays (I teach 9
> hours on Mondays).
>
> What times would work better for you Sarah?
>
> -Thomas
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Jennifer Hensley
> <jens.so.he...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
> > Thursday at 8pm would work for me.  Is this next week we're discussing?
>
> > On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Thomas Gokey <thomasgo...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Either Tuesday or Thursday at 8PM works for me.
>
> > > Does Thursday at 8 work for Jennifer or Tim?
>
> > > I'd like to settle a time so that I can start recruiting a few new
> > people to
> > > jump into this project.
>
> > > Sarah Jaffe, are you still checking this list? I think it would be great
> > if
> > > you could join the hangout.
>
> > > -Thomas
>
> > > On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Thomas Gokey <thomasgo...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > >> Is anyone involved with the Occupy Student Debt Working Group (which I
> > >> think is a sub-set of the Empowerment & Education Working Group) that is
> > >> also working on a debt strike? This is the group that is working with
> > Andrew
> > >> Ross and launched the student debt refusal campaign. I think we should
> > reach
> > >> out to them since they've been meeting regularly.
>
> > >> Once we settle on a date, I'd like to see if we can get Andrew Ross and
> > >> maybe Anya Kamenetz or other experts involved.
>
> > >> -Thomas
>
> > >> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Greg Belvedere <gmb1...@gmail.com>
> ...
>
> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Greg Belvedere

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 5:17:14 PM2/16/12
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
I just had schedule change and I can now do Wednesday at 8pm. Is
anyone else free then?

Jennifer Hensley

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 5:38:45 PM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
I could do Weds at 8.30p or 9p CST? I'm not sure what time zone
everyone else is in...

--

Thomas Gokey

unread,
Feb 16, 2012, 6:12:59 PM2/16/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
I also can do Wed at 8 or anytime after. I think we're using Eastern time to keep this clear.

-Thomas

Thomas Gokey

unread,
Feb 18, 2012, 9:33:24 AM2/18/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Okay so have we decided on a time? Looking back through the e-mails it looks like 8:30pm EST on Wed Feb 22nd will work for everyone. Can we plan on that time?

If so I'll start contacting Andrew Ross and Anya Kamenetz and maybe a few others to see if they can't join us. Sarah, you probably know of some other people who might be interested as well.

-Thomas

Sarah Jaffe

unread,
Feb 18, 2012, 9:42:12 AM2/18/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com

Works for me, and I will indeed see if anyone else wants to join.

Greg Belvedere

unread,
Feb 18, 2012, 10:38:26 AM2/18/12
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
Great, Wednesday at 8:30 pm EST at 8:30 it is. I look forward to it.
We should try to connect on google+ in the next few days so we are all
set to do the hangout.

On Feb 18, 9:42 am, Sarah Jaffe <sarah.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Works for me, and I will indeed see if anyone else wants to join.
> On Feb 18, 2012 9:33 AM, "Thomas Gokey" <thomasgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Okay so have we decided on a time? Looking back through the e-mails it
> > looks like 8:30pm EST on Wed Feb 22nd will work for everyone. Can we plan
> > on that time?
>
> > If so I'll start contacting Andrew Ross and Anya Kamenetz and maybe a few
> > others to see if they can't join us. Sarah, you probably know of some other
> > people who might be interested as well.
>
> > -Thomas
>
> > On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Thomas Gokey <thomasgo...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> I also can do Wed at 8 or anytime after. I think we're using Eastern time
> >> to keep this clear.
>
> >> -Thomas
>
> >> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Jennifer Hensley <
> >> jens.so.he...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>> I could do Weds at 8.30p or 9p CST? I'm not sure what time zone
> >>> everyone else is in...
>
> >>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Greg Belvedere <gmb1...@gmail.com>
> >> e: thomasgo...@gmail.com
> >> ____________________________________________________
> >> This e-mail is a handmade object, all errors of spelling and grammar give
> >> it a sense of character and authenticity.
>
> >> Gmail's algorithms search the contents of our e-mail for keywords which
> >> it uses to customize the advertizements it shows us. Google tries to be
> >> sensitive, however, and disables the ads if you are writing about tragic
> >> subjects. If the algorithm finds keywords like "massacre," "slaughter,"
> >> "bloodbath," or "murder" it will not show you ads. Since I just used them
> >> here, in my signature, I'm ad free.
>
> > --
> > ____________________________________________________
> > Thomas Gokey
> > The Art School in the Art School | Department of Wonder and Joy
> > Syracuse "University" | VPA Foundations
> > Time Arts | Two-Dimensional Creative Processes
> > w: thomasgokey.com
> > e: thomasgo...@gmail.com
> > ____________________________________________________
> > This e-mail is a handmade object, all errors of spelling and grammar give
> > it a sense of character and authenticity.
>
> > Gmail's algorithms search the contents of our e-mail for keywords which it
> > uses to customize the advertizements it shows us. Google tries to be
> > sensitive, however, and disables the ads if you are writing about tragic
> > subjects. If the algorithm finds keywords like "massacre," "slaughter,"
> > "bloodbath," or "murder" it will not show you ads. Since I just used them
> > here, in my signature, I'm ad free.- Hide quoted text -

Jennifer HensleY

unread,
Feb 18, 2012, 12:31:14 PM2/18/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com, Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
I will be teaching during that time so I won't be able to participate, but is there a way to get a transcript or summary of the hangout? I'd very much like to be a part of organizing a debt strike or any other actions. Please keep me in the loop!

Sent from my iPhone

Sarah Jaffe

unread,
Feb 22, 2012, 11:01:47 AM2/22/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Hey all--we still on for this tonight? I have another friend who's organizing campaigns around student debt who'd like to join up, and have asked some folks I know from the Occupy Student Debt campaign.

I've never done a Google+ hangout before--do I have to add everyone who's on it to Circles? How does it work?
--
Sarah Jaffe
Labor & Media Editor
AlterNet.org
303-960-9047

Thomas Gokey

unread,
Feb 22, 2012, 11:55:54 AM2/22/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
I'm still on for it as well. I also have never done a hangout. I'm just under "Thomas Gokey." I think we just need a couple of us to start hanging out and then other people can find the hangout and join.

-Thomas

Sarah Jaffe

unread,
Feb 22, 2012, 12:01:10 PM2/22/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Cool--just got an email from Pamela Brown, who is part of the Occupy Student Debt Campaign, and she'd like to be involved.

Jennifer Hensley

unread,
Feb 22, 2012, 12:14:31 PM2/22/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
I can't make it due to teaching a class tonight, but can I get an
email/transcript of what was discussed afterwards?
Not sure if that's even possible, but I still want to be involved.

Thomas Gokey

unread,
Feb 22, 2012, 12:19:28 PM2/22/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
I can take some notes and post them here.

-Thomas

Jennifer Hensley

unread,
Feb 22, 2012, 12:23:59 PM2/22/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Great, thank you!

Christopher Schulz

unread,
Feb 22, 2012, 1:21:40 PM2/22/12
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
hi all,
i graduated from university of washington (seattle) back in the spring and am currently living indefinitely in mexico city. i have neither facebook nor google+ but would love to do what i can to further these discussions... at the beginning of last academic year i coordinated this film screening with alan collinge, who lives in the puget sound area, i'm not sure whether anyone has gotten in contact with him: http://antechambercollective.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/ac-advance-screening-of-default-with-discussion/

in any case i thought i'd put an end to lurking on the list, my intentions are true. i found the list via sarah jaffe's piece on alternet--thanks so much. i know a small debt interest group came together in december before i left seattle around the local occupy encampment--i'm not sure how active they are, but they weren't even aware of ongoing concrete projects like this.

let me know any ideas for how to contribute,
chris
Reply all
Reply to author